GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: sprint booster

Default sprint booster

Has anyone ever heard of sprint booster. It makes the response quicker when you press the gas pedal down.. Some people swear by it... It's like 250 dollars.. People with mercedes benz like them I have read about it on some mb forums. Here is the website http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index...tpage&Itemid=1

a lot of us would first have to get rid of our throttle cables

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Default also try yahoo search

There are lot of people installing this in their cars and I thought since I come to this board for info it would be a good question to ask since you guys are good tunners and I have been coming here for a long time with good advice. Thanks. Check it out. They have a application for almost every car. I havent seen anyone with it on a bmw. Read up on it. Its late and I cant explain it right now. Thanks alot.

Where I come from we have two other phrases to describe such devices. They are "snake oil" and "spam". It doesn't do anything but remap your throttle. Lexus has been playing this trick for years offering a "quick ratio" throttle compared to BMW. The quicker response is really just a shorter travel on the accelerator pedal from a larger bell-crank. This thing does the same thing but using electronics for cars with drive-by-wire throttles (BMW after 2000, or so). If you're really considering such a rip-off device, read this first:

I ran some tests with and without a Sprint Booster in my SLK. I wrote a technical white paper on the results. You can download it from bipesauto.com/sprintbooster.

The Sprint Booster is a simple amplifier that multiplies the accelerator pedal sensor signal, making the accelerator pedal more sensitive. It does not eliminate any significant delay in throttle response, nor does it greatly improve acceleration figures. It does not change the adaptive throttle control programming of electronic throttle control vehicles. It does change pedal “feel†. This change in feel is interpreted by some as improved throttle response, acceleration, and a change in adaptive throttle control programming. Considering what it actually does, it is expensive.

Default Hey... That is why I come here......

You guys are the bomb..... I did see that write up but I hadnt read it since I have been working alot... Thanks for the info and the heads up.... Just press the gas pedal faster or the air pedal as the paper explains it... Thanks again...

You can accomplish the same thing with your right foot, just press down harder.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"