GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: cruise not working

Default cruise not working

Hello all. I have a 1995 530i and need some help. The cruise control does not work. The spedometer works fine all the time. I checked the adjustment of the brake pedal switch and it seems fine too (auto trans). I have noticed that the obc seems to not change. Says 15.9 average mpg and never changes. Could this be the impulse generator that is in the diff? Is it possible for the cruise to not work yet the speedo works fine?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome,

Check that your cruise cable is still attached at the throttle body and at the cruise 'module' / accuator' thingy. On my M50, its on the drivers side just in front near the wheel well.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Says 15.9 average mpg and never changes.
    If it hasnt been refreshed it will take a long time to make a change.

Could this be the impulse generator that is in the diff? Is it possible for the cruise to not work yet the speedo works fine?
    Unlikely, have you checked under the plastic engine cover to make sure the cables are on correctly?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by pmanmaro
    Hello all. I have a 1995 530i and need some help. The cruise control does not work. The spedometer works fine all the time. I checked the adjustment of the brake pedal switch and it seems fine too (auto trans). I have noticed that the obc seems to not change. Says 15.9 average mpg and never changes. Could this be the impulse generator that is in the diff? Is it possible for the cruise to not work yet the speedo works fine?

Thanks in advance.
    I haven't really looked into this since it happened just recently, but it appears as though both my cruise control and OBC mpg (it just reads "--") functionalities stopped working at the same time as well. What's the relation? Oh yeah, my rear window defroster doesn't work anymore either, I suppose yours still does, pmanmaro?
    _