GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E34 Top Spec

Default E34 Top Spec

Does anyone know the optional extras that you dont see much that could have been fitted to the e34 when new?
    I just wondered really, see if theres anything else that could have been original that I can stick on the car!! thx

the sky was the limit really...the option list was a mile long...eg
    Colour DIAMANTSCHWARZ METALLIC (181)

Upholstery SCHWARZ LEDER (0203)

Prod. date 1989-12-01

Order options
    No. Description
    200 KATALYSATOR - ENTFALL (no catalytctic converter)

209 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (25%)

226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

291 BMW LM SCHMIEDERAD/KREUZSPEICH (alloy wheels)

302 ALARM SYSTEM

320 MODEL DESIGNATION, DELETION (no model badge)

335 M TECHNIC SPORTPAKET (mtech body kit, front spoiler skirts,rear wing, aero rear bumper cover)

339 SATIN CHROME (matt black finish around windows instead of chrome)

401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

498 HEADRESTS IN REAR, MECHANIC. ADJUSTABLE

500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING

534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING

560 CO-PILOTS IN RR COMPARTMENT (reading lamps in rear )

563 BEL.MAKE-UP SPIEGEL (make up mirrors(or lights for make up mirror)

571 BOOSTED POWER SUPPLY (extra battery in boot)

676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM

687 RADIO PREPARATION

708 M-SPORT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL II

806 Neuseeland Ausfuehrung

847 erweiterter Kabelbaum

850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT

925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE
    Gone but not forgotten

Default Ah!!!

****,theres is loads isnt there!!! Actually I was working at a dealer the other day (i'm a mobile vehicle electrician.....i do stuff like towbars,sat navs,phone kits etc etc etc!!) and i gave them my reg no and they printed out this piece of paper which gives all the extras that was ordered with my specific car when new, and that has one that says ''increased power supply'' and his exact words were ''it has a quicker engine'' now i dont know how but maybe the ecu was re-mapped when new??? what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsneldon
    ****,theres is loads isnt there!!! Actually I was working at a dealer the other day (i'm a mobile vehicle electrician.....i do stuff like towbars,sat navs,phone kits etc etc etc!!) and i gave them my reg no and they printed out this piece of paper which gives all the extras that was ordered with my specific car when new, and that has one that says ''increased power supply'' and his exact words were ''it has a quicker engine'' now i dont know how but maybe the ecu was re-mapped when new??? what do you think?
    no it will be the same as mine...aux battery in boot.This is not the full list this is the same list for mine that you got printed out.For instance... i havent got blinds ski bag,auto tint mirror etc etc
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    no it will be the same as mine...aux battery in boot.This is not the full list this is the same list for mine that you got printed out.For instance... i havent got blinds ski bag,auto tint mirror etc etc
    Oh i see, thanks for that. mine dosent seem to have an aux battery in the boot (anymore) would you be kind enough to take a photo of it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsneldon
    Oh i see, thanks for that. mine dosent seem to have an aux battery in the boot (anymore) would you be kind enough to take a photo of it please?
    Mine hadnt been looked at in years..the PO didnt even know it was there,and argued that he didnt have one.The fllor of the boot was covered in baking soda and there was some rust andd slightly second hand looking wire tape/Obviously there had been a spill at some point.I took it out.See my option list there is "boosted power supply" or something.I assume thats what your option that the bmw guy was tralking about
    Gone but not forgotten

I have boosted power supply on my list too (and no boot battery), but according to the option list I found here that 571 boosted power supply is just a 140A alternator, 832 is the code for battery in the trunk.

16 Feet of pure pleasure

well i dont know if mine was added or nt...all I know is there was a little tray about a 25a hr battery which was hooked into a relay off which a red cable ran back around to the main battery,and a specially shaped boot covering to accomodate the battery.
    Gone but not forgotten

The ski bag is a handy addition. Not so much for skis but very good for long items that otherwise wouldn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by myles
    The ski bag is a handy addition. Not so much for skis but very good for long items that otherwise wouldn't fit.
    Thanks myles i'll try and get one of them from my local scrapyard....you wouldnt believe the prices of stuff I have to pay from my scrapyard, if you remember you gave me some advice on the cruise setup,,well EVERYTHING.actuator.stalk.ecu.wiring cost me £10 (approx $20USD) unbelievable isnt it. I once removed an m50 cylinder head in near perfect condition and got charged a pathetic £50!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast