GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anyone ever replace the Sport Seat Module?

Default Anyone ever replace the Sport Seat Module?

http://data.bmrparts.com/bmwparts/23288404723789U.html

The rear of the base of my drivers seat isn't adjusting. I opened and cleaned the switch with no change. When i move the switch to raise the rear of the base OR to elevate the whole base (front and rear together) I hear a switch clicking in this Module beneath the seat yet I hear no Motor operating so its not a matter of the cable being out. I am thinking this module has a fault and while the seat switch opens a connection with the Module the module is failing to pass the current on the the motor or the motor has failed. Thankfully the seat is at a comfortable level presently so repair its not an urgent neccesity but I'd like to fix it when i know what to do.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

try 12v to the motors directly....?
    Gone but not forgotten

Hmmm. Not that this is much help but you tell me.

I currently have a set of sport seats on my bench in pieces as I clean them up and fix some things. I might be able to test something for you...
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

I just did all this. that module is close to $400 to buy, but if you open it up there are like 6 or 8 relays made by siemens with a part number on them. I ordered a few (because there was a minumum quantitiy purchase) took out the 2 bad ones and soldered in 2 new ones works good as new! cost like $50

Well, that's a thoughtfull offer. Is there anything about my description which is ambiguous? Looking under the seat there are two motors on the floor along side either seat rail which appear to operate the seat height adjustment I have the scematics I'm hearing activity, a click in the Module under the seat when I operate the switch to elevate the whole seat cousion but as I hear when getting other operations to functions i am not hearing a motor turning when I try to raise the back of the bacse or the whole seat together. The front adjusts ok do they use the same motor? maybe I haven't seen that the cables are out of the motor but I assumed the two floor mounted motors moved the rear of the base. I heard the headrest motor ok and the front to rear works as does the seat back raise and lower ok and i hear that motir up under the front edge of the seat. I guess If I knew weather hearing the click in the Module when attempting to raise the seat base is normal then maybe that indicates theere is either a broekn wire leading to the motors or there is another stage in the module failing to deliver current to the motors. If that module can be opened and examined maybe a switch has stuck.. anyway thanks for whatever you can share.

it's one of the relays in the module. there are 2 different modules one is made by bosch and the other is some other brand (this is according to BMA) I had the bosch. take it out and open it up. plug it back in and you can feel the relays (ie which one is clicking). change it out and you should be good to go. I had to replace 2 of them

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Well, that's a thoughtfull offer. Is there anything about my description which is ambiguous? Looking under the seat there are two motors on the floor along side either seat rail which appear to operate the seat height adjustment I have the scematics I'm hearing activity, a click in the Module under the seat when I operate the switch to elevate the whole seat cousion but as I hear when getting other operations to functions i am not hearing a motor turning when I try to raise the back of the bacse or the whole seat together. The front adjusts ok do they use the same motor? maybe I haven't seen that the cables are out of the motor but I assumed the two floor mounted motors moved the rear of the base. I heard the headrest motor ok and the front to rear works as does the seat back raise and lower ok and i hear that motir up under the front edge of the seat. I guess If I knew weather hearing the click in the Module when attempting to raise the seat base is normal then maybe that indicates theere is either a broekn wire leading to the motors or there is another stage in the module failing to deliver current to the motors. If that module can be opened and examined maybe a switch has stuck.. anyway thanks for whatever you can share.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    it's one of the relays in the module. there are 2 different modules one is made by bosch and the other is some other brand (this is according to BMA) I had the bosch. take it out and open it up. plug it back in and you can feel the relays (ie which one is clicking). change it out and you should be good to go. I had to replace 2 of them
    Awesome. So the clicking relays are the bad ones? Cool. Thanks ever so much for the help. Chris