GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me make an decision! Hours count!!

Default Help me make an decision! Hours count!!

Ok so I'm heading up with the family to Lake Arrowhead, CA this weekend. Chains reqired everywhere up there now. I got ABS but no TC and I'm on 3 Nitto 460's and 1 Michellen...but then again I got HID's vs my dad's 2003 Honda Oddsey. I wanna take the 535 for the drive but I don't wanna end up losing my car to some accident So any winter driving tips and what do you guys think about my situation? (BTW I might need the back seat for a "late night meeting" so factor that in)

BTW my drive home in the rain was tonight its pouring out here. I hit my fair share of puddles and could feels the tires seemingly come off the pavement??? This weird thing happened though. Earlier I and my compadre were umm fogging up the windows for a good 2 hours. But then I could not get the windshield to completely de-frost for awhile, must have been at least 5 minutes, on full settings, with warm (not hot) air coming out of the front vents....WTF???'

THANKS GUYS!

Does your air conditioner work? I'm guessing not because it took so long to clear the windows. The a/c also dehumidifies the air when the defroster is on.
    You did indeed feel the tires leave the ground in those puddles, hydroplaning it's called. It happens when the tires ability to displace the water is exceeded, slow until grip is restored.
    Anyplace that requires chains is no place for summer tires, with or without the chains. Take the Honda where you'll have a way bigger cabin to fog up.
    Last edited by Ross; 01-25-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

I wouldn't do it. Unless you have chains... Steep hills ? Never make it.. either way up or down. You come around a steep downhill curving road on snow pack with regular tires forget it, RIP.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Hmm well last time I had to use the defroster it worked well (can't rememebr how long) but the AC works fairly ok lol it nees a recharge...

And the back of the van is no good my dad always has his **** back there (and this girl has allready seen back of the e34, and from the sounds she made last time, she loved the soft leather and reverse seatbelts) ;P

BTW route and road conditins:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...UTF8&z=10&om=0

http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads....3?fips=0606434

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    I wouldn't do it. Unless you have chains... Steep hills ? Never make it.. either way up or down. You come around a steep downhill curving road on snow pack with regular tires forget it, RIP.
    Chains are required. Check out the links I just posted. OK Ima get some shuteye. Thanks for the replies n keep em coming!

5 minutes isn't really that long, in the cold it takes me much longer to defrost the windshield, doesn't seem that unusual to me.

Usually I'd say 2 or less..

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    5 minutes isn't really that long, in the cold it takes me much longer to defrost the windshield, doesn't seem that unusual to me.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    Usually I'd say 2 or less....tonight took forever, I was really freaked out...

Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
    Usually I'd say 2 or less....tonight took forever, I was really freaked out...
    That's what you get for making her breath so heavy...

Hopefully she won't be breathing heavy in a delivery room in nine months.

No Glove, No Love,

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bsell
    That's what you get for making her breath so heavy...

Hopefully she won't be breathing heavy in a delivery room in nine months.

No Glove, No Love,

Brian
    WHat a horrible joke lol

I just saw the other thread about winter, I don't think I'll be taking my beloved E34. Her if theres a will theres a way (indoor hot tubs ;P)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast