GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my new beer can puller prototype

Default my new beer can puller prototype

Yeahhh, have a look at the first 2 pics. No the cheapo mild steel, special hardened steel, can stand a torque of 15 tons
    see the bearing too, and also the other goodies? A PRO-Tool, based on the ideas I had and made by my friend in Germany exclusively, no matter what the cost is.....
    This weekend will be the first test run, then we might produce some more.
    Fits for E32 and E34, with additional parts for E30 against extra price.
    Price we still have to calculate, will not be cheap, more interesting for the indy shops instead of the one time user.
    http://www.bilder-speicher.de/080122...ting-page.html
    http://www.bilder-speicher.de/080122...ting-page.html

More pics will come after final test run, stay tune

Looks like a really nice set with your own personal engraving ! nice! I've tried this about three times on my car but I can never remove the subframe bush pins I use jackstands on the rear of the car and lift it up via the diff, but they never want to come out. even after i have banged with with a large hammer too

Is this the tool to pull the rear subframe bushings?

I rented a tool from Koala Motorsport a few years back. Mine came out like butter. No fuss, no muss. My credo on this is "replace early, and replace often". Then you won't get into big trouble.

YMMV
    Robert Callaway
    Dallas, TX
    '94 530im 143k mi
    '94 Land Cruiser FZJ-80 202k mi.

"If I could have back all the time and money I ever spent on cars.......I'd spend it all on cars."

My new bushes have been in the freezer for at least a month By the time it stops raining this kit will be in full production and reasonably priced

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    My new bushes have been in the freezer for at least a month By the time it stops raining this kit will be in full production and reasonably priced
    Haha you'll have more luck with a wet suit and snorkel than waiting for the weather to dry up

Is there substantial danger driving with crunchy subframe bushings? i hear at least the right side one crunch when I launch hard from a stop I assume its cracked but can anything terrible happen other than the ride get a little sloppy? How about using Powerflex urethane replacements?
    Last edited by Jehu; 01-23-2008 at 01:52 AM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Shogun,

When will you be sending this tool around the world to forum members, so that they can replace their bushings??

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

hehe...engraved even. The ultimate in subframe tools.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    Shogun,

When will you be sending this tool around the world to forum members, so that they can replace their bushings??
    Will probably be too heavy to send around the world. But here in Japan I will make it available for all members of our club for a small rental fee and a deposit refundable when they return it.

I still have another beer can puller tool I bought 2 years ago on German Ebay, fits for E30, E32 and E34. Not that super solid as our design now, but o.k. for the DIYer.
    Never used. That I will sell first of all now. But probably shipping it out of Japan to USA will be too expensive.

The new tool: first of all it has to pass the final test. Of course it will not break like others, that is epcial steel, but maybe we can still find out and mke some minor changes for easier handling or so.
    Then we will produce 4 sets.

And then I can tell you the price, if someone is interested.
    But as I said before, intention to make this tool is not cheap price, but top quality and top handling. No matter what it costs for us.

I have a tool if you never need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    Shogun,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast