GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: %$#@ this car (joke)

Default %$#@ this car (joke)

Well...
    After being sent the wrong power steering banjo bolt by the dealer I have to sit and wait 2 weeks for the right one to come from Germany. I tried an alternative from a hydraulic shop but the appertures are too small and the fluid is bubbling. Whilst testing all this I've noticed that the alternator bearings are shot and making a racket. Write the car off as a dud? NO WAY! This car is now 19 years old and things will break. The only annoyance is that it's off the road and I can't enjoy the brilliantness that is the E34. This is not a diss at the previous '%$#^ this car' poster as I can understand that big fixes + no money = frustration. These cars are worth fixing though. Oh, I also got a quote from All State Transmissions for my possible upcoming 4hp22 full rebuild:AU$2200 ("possibly cheaper")!!! You can't argue with that. A good 525i (mine is v.good +) in OZ will cost you around the AU$7,000-9,000 so the rebuild is well worth it. Fix it and it will work...
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

i have ben waiting about two weeks now for mats. All good though because when i went in to see if they had arrived i was asked if i wanted to drive the
    M3!
    Gone but not forgotten

And you said "yes" of course?!?!
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

of course!.Amazing car,not as pure as say the E 30 m3,but the v8 has serious power available ALL THE TIME esp if you are in M dynamic mode...Steering is very sensitive without the car feeling nervous.You can cruise along at a constant throttle or do the 6th to 3rd change for serious fun.I cant get the V8 soudtrack outa my head!
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by wingman
    Well...
    After being sent the wrong power steering banjo bolt by the dealer I have to sit and wait 2 weeks for the right one to come from Germany. I tried an alternative from a hydraulic shop but the appertures are too small and the fluid is bubbling. Whilst testing all this I've noticed that the alternator bearings are shot and making a racket. Write the car off as a dud? NO WAY! This car is now 19 years old and things will break. The only annoyance is that it's off the road and I can't enjoy the brilliantness that is the E34. This is not a diss at the previous '%$#^ this car' poster as I can understand that big fixes + no money = frustration. These cars are worth fixing though. Oh, I also got a quote from All State Transmissions for my possible upcoming 4hp22 full rebuild:AU$2200 ("possibly cheaper")!!! You can't argue with that. A good 525i (mine is v.good +) in OZ will cost you around the AU$7,000-9,000 so the rebuild is well worth it. Fix it and it will work...
    I think we can all understand where he comes from, but yeah usually posting things attacking the reason we're here is not going to win you many friends.
    Last edited by rob101; 01-20-2008 at 01:51 AM.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

mate all states did a very good job on mine and the price was great, i went to the hornsby workshop, cant recommend them highly enough. good to hear from you anyways its been a while

regards

mattyb

Wingman, have you thought of doing the gearbox yourself? Winfred has done an excellent writeup here and you should be able to get all the parts for under aud$300.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    Wingman, have you thought of doing the gearbox yourself? Winfred has done an excellent writeup here and you should be able to get all the parts for under aud$300.
    considering you know a couple of hydraulic mechanics who could help you out if you get stuck it might not be so hard, DIY is worth a thought

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

That's a great idea!
    So when mine is ready I can send it to you

E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    Good link Kris. This is not so hard. Paul, your car is just lovely, its a shame the tranny is gone. Have you thought of doing a manual conversion?

Also, have you had a quote from ZF direct (they are near you- Arndell Park)? I only trust them myself (only MHO). Nick
    Last edited by genphreak; 03-09-2008 at 03:13 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast