GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Techron suppliers?

Default Techron suppliers?

Anybody know a local chain autoparts store that carries Techron injector cleaner that is generally well respected as one of the best? Do any of the stores like Murrays, Autozone, NAPA etc carry it or do I need to get it on-line?...if so where?
    Thanks,
    George

Unregistered Guest

Costco, last time I looked, 4 bottles for about $9.99

Default Autozone ,checkers, kragen, advance etc .. they all

carry it...I don't know if you saw this post a couple of weeks back
    but the gas tank stuff hasn't been working for me lately and I have been doing lots of on the car injector cleaning with bg injector cleaner.... Alot
    of gm cars for some reason, that and nissan's seem to be plugging the worst right now... On gm obdII it usually shows up as a random cylinder misfire..for example first its cylinder 3 then you clear that code and they come back a week later and its cylinder 6 , clear it again they come back a day later and its 3 again....Finally I started doing the on the car injector cleaning and it took care of it immediately... Gas must really be getting crappy

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    Anybody know a local chain autoparts store that carries Techron injector cleaner that is generally well respected as one of the best? Do any of the stores like Murrays, Autozone, NAPA etc carry it or do I need to get it on-line?...if so where?
    Thanks,
    George

Thanks for the info Bill. Wonder if it is related to my friend's Aurora issue? Bill his OBDII code is:P0203 with an open injector circuit on cylinder 3. When is goes into this mode and flashs a Check Engine Light, the motor stumbles and goes into a pronounced mis-fire and exhaust gases become quite foul. It will overtime clear itself but generally will come back. Suggestions? Do you think it may be related? What kind of gas treatment should be performed...something more invasive than Techron? I already suggested to him to switch gas stations for a while.
    Thanks for any further advice,
    George

Isn't that a Chevron product? Probably any Chevron station will have it too.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

Default Nope guess not, po203 is an electrical issue according to the manual, it sets

when a fault is detected in the electrical portion of the circuit.. such as harness, connectors, the windings in the coil of the injector or the ecm itself... It states that if it doesn't have this problem for 3 consecutive self tests of the system on 3 starts it will turn the light off...So it looks like your back to checking connectors on injectors, resistance values for the injector, ecm etc....

Thanks for the info Bill. Wonder if it is related to my friend's Aurora issue? Bill his OBDII code is:P0203 with an open injector circuit on cylinder 3. When is goes into this mode and flashs a Check Engine Light, the motor stumbles and goes into a pronounced mis-fire and exhaust gases become quite foul. It will overtime clear itself but generally will come back. Suggestions? Do you think it may be related? What kind of gas treatment should be performed...something more invasive than Techron? I already suggested to him to switch gas stations for a while.
    Thanks for any further advice,
    George

Thanks for all your help Bill. We will start with cleaning the connection because it is intermittent and seems to clear after 3 successive runs without issue as you mention and then re-emerge. Testing resistance may not be a good tell because the issue is intermittent. If you have a procedure for testing the resistance of a Northstar injector, that would be a tremendous help, as I do not have a manual for this car and don't know what the nominal resistance is for this injector. Maybe able to do a comparison between other injectors to establish a baseline. Also, there may be a continuity test for the harness itself independent of the injector to say a finite baseline voltage that fires the injector.
    Thanks again,
    George

Thanks for all your help Bill. We will start with cleaning the connection because it is intermittent and seems to clear after 3 successive runs without issue as you mention and then re-emerge. Testing resistance may not be a good tell because the issue is intermittent. If you have a procedure for testing the resistance of a Northstar injector, that would be a tremendous help, as I do not have a manual for this car and don't know what the nominal resistance is for this injector. Maybe able to do a comparison between other injectors to establish a baseline. Also, there may be a continuity test for the harness itself independent of the injector to say a finite baseline voltage that fires the injector.
    Thanks again,
    George

i've noticed gas has a different smell the last couple weeks, must be a new additive package braking stuff loose

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    Gas must really be getting crappy
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default George, just a comment about gas quality. m=>

Lately, I've been seeing increased gas consumption in my Mazda and it's really depending on where I get the gas; whether it's from Shell, Exxon or Chevron. I know this subject is nothing new but just to share my experience, I've notice that while keeping my driving habits the same across the board, Exxon seems to give me better gas mileage followed by Shell and then Chevron. I know a mechanic who never gets gas from ARCO even though this place usually has the cheapest gas around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast