GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 beep warning sound

Default 3 beep warning sound

My 1995 E34 M60, while driving sometimes there is this 3 beep warning sound, anyone knows what is this all about? I've check the control panel and it says all OK.....

Quote Originally Posted by Batam Man
    My 1995 E34 M60, while driving sometimes there is this 3 beep warning sound, anyone knows what is this all about? I've check the control panel and it says all OK.....
    My guess is it is telling you the temp. All cars warn us of 38 degrees and beep three times. My guess is your display is not working for this but the warning bell is? Do you live in a cold climate? Well cold enough to dip to 38?

Quote Originally Posted by dennyg
    My guess is it is telling you the temp. All cars warn us of 38 degrees and beep three times. My guess is your display is not working for this but the warning bell is? Do you live in a cold climate? Well cold enough to dip to 38?

I am in Asia, the average outdoor temperature here is around 35 degree celsius.

Its your cars way of telling you it doesn't like you. either that or you have set the alarm on your clock accidentally and you need to pretty the mem button to turn it off.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

i am going the alarm clock.

My guess as well. Beeps 3 times 15 seconds prior to the hour

I am in Asia, the average outdoor temperature here is around 35 degree celsius.
    Where in Asia, if I may ask? I also live in Asia, Tokyo/Japan.

I also opt for the clock alarm just before every full hour. You can switch that off.
    See ownwersa manual. In case you do not have one, use the one for the E32 on my website below, it is under on board computer functions.

But, you could also get an gong alarm even when you have + 35 degreee C.
    That will happen, if the temp sensor in front for the outside temp is bad, if it was disconnected, because then the temperature shows initially in the OBC minus degrees and slowly goes up to normal/correct temp, and that can take several hours.

Thanks eveybody for the info, will try to work on the alarm....

BTW, I'm working and based in Indonesia.

if memory serves me correctly its the s/r button??if you look at your clock on the obc there will be a symbol simiar to ))) if you press the s/r button (or is there another button with ))) next to it) you will see the symbol on the obs go out...in some ways i find it quite a neat feature....as you go past such and such a place as the beep goes off you know you are on time....
    Gone but not forgotten

So looks like the 3 beepings are basically something to do with only the alram clock and not some serious warning?
    Thanks, I'll be able to sleep better tonight....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast