GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here played with

Default Anybody here played with

Brown's gas or HHO? Another mechanic that i know has installed a couple of kits and i initially thought it was a scam but he's pretty honest and went to a training seminar that the company had in N.J. They modifed a 97 v6 camry and did a 50 mile loop with a full tank of gas and averaged 27 mpg at speeds of 65 to 70 , after installing the browns gas generator and a control board the mileage went up to 48 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    Brown's gas or HHO? Another mechanic that i know has installed a couple of kits and i initially thought it was a scam but he's pretty honest and went to a training seminar that the company had in N.J. They modifed a 97 v6 camry and did a 50 mile loop with a full tank of gas and averaged 27 mpg at speeds of 65 to 70 , after installing the browns gas generator and a control board the mileage went up to 48 mpg.
    Well I haven't played with it but the only way you could achieve this is if your alternator puts out more electricity than the car needs and that electricity is used for electrolysis of H2O. But I'm not sure you'd see that kind of gain on it. It could also work on its own separate battery but that would seem over complicated. If it works with excess alternator current there's easier ways to get MPG increases.

What do you mean with 'pretty honest'?
    2008 audi A3 1.9tdi
    (former 1991 520i LPG)

Yep, and the energy to turn the alternator comes from guess where with all of it's inefficiencies.
    The hydrogen powered cars being tested now are using liquid fuel, far denser than whatever that wimpy little electrolysis device can make.
    Something about conservation of energy that makes this impossible.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Bill... who is the manufacturer of that kit? This is interesting and I would experiment with this. That friend of yours... did he install a kit on his car? Why not borrow his car for a few hours to determine the fuel mileage?

This is the one I found through Wiki...

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/store/Hydrogen-Boost/

Conservation of energy laws state that energy cannot be created or destroyed - only converted.

This means that a system always has to have more energy going in than out.

...which means as Ross has pointed out, when you trace it back the H2O -> 2H 2O -> H2O conversion that's happening under the bonnet must eventually be powered by the fuel out of the tank.

Unless there's a fiddle somewhere.

Well conservation of energy doesn't exactly make it impossible since the average efficiency of gasoline engines is pretty low and it could possibly work to improve that efficiency.
    Problem is I don't see any real world tests and scores except from debunkers that will tell you it's a waste of money.

Anyway, your mate could be getting MPG increases on battery power if the device draws mainly from the battery, but then the battery'd be dead after a few hours.
    2008 audi A3 1.9tdi
    (former 1991 520i LPG)

Default It looks like none of you know what i'm talking

about....You set your output on the gas generator at 20 amps and that generates over a liter per minute. SAE published a paper a while back on the benefits of browns gas in very small quantities mixed with gasoline.
    It turns out that it greatly accelerates the burning characteristics of gasoline and diesel, so with a very small amount of browns gas you get a very fast burn without knock. Exhaust temps are lower because the mixture is finished burning, unlike with just gasoline. You also add a device to spoof the O2 sensor readings that the computer see's because you burn a much much leaner mix with browns gas which is where the fuel economy comes from. It would be nice to be able to set the timing as well since you don't need the advance you have with most engines. Besides the gas mileage most engines gain around 15% more torque and increased drivability. They make the same claims for diesel as well.

Default Here's a link to some of the

info thats on the SAE paper

Default Tiger, he installed about

5 kits so far but they are looking into building one themselves since there isn't much to the generator and the guy they are getting them through is too expensive. I'd just check around if your interested. One of the highest output ones with the least amount of current input is this one and its also one of the cheaper priced ones.
    If you do some searching on the net you'll see a whole bunch of people selling these kits including ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Bill... who is the manufacturer of that kit? This is interesting and I would experiment with this. That friend of yours... did he install a kit on his car? Why not borrow his car for a few hours to determine the fuel mileage?

This is the one I found through Wiki...

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/store/Hydrogen-Boost/

what kind of efficency is gained with what I think Mitsubishi call gdi.They talk about huge effeciency gains but only with partial throttle openings(read small throttle openings)
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast