GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Car Pictures

Default New Car Pictures

Some of you may have seen my last thread in which I mentioned I now own a 09/1995 540i Six Speed. I purchased my new car on Decemer 27th off ebay from a whole sale place in PA. "You're " you say. Well, I may be just that but it was hard to pass this car up.

Now, a little about the car. As I said its a 540i/6, Calypsorot on parchament, and 113,xxx miles when I picked it up. The car has the M-Sport suspension, sport seats, keyless, and some other goodies that I cannot translate from the option print out. While I do not have any service records for the car and BMW says they can't (aka won't) get the records for me it is obvious the car was taken care of. The paint is in good shape but there are also quite a few door dings. No big deal, what can you expect from a 13 year old car that has live up north. There appears to be no rust on the underside save some nuts that have rusted. In a nutshell, I'm thrilled about my car, now if I didn't suck so bad at driving a clutch. Some of you may notice the e39 530i wheels I have on my car. Obviously I'd like some m-pars or some other style wheel but I prefer these to the original honeycomb wheels. Without further delay, here are some pictures of my car. Please excuse the dirtyness.

Default More Pictures

Looks nice

Default Somewhat OT, Selling my old car

Although this is kinda OT I would like to ask your opinions on about how much I should ask for my '94 530iA with ~ 217,000 Mi. Service records indicate that the Alusil head was installed at around 140K miles and the last records I have date back to sometime in 1998 without looking.

Recently Replaced:
    Summer '07 - Intake manifold gaskets, pcv, front and rear intake gaskets, water pump, radiator, upper and lower radiator hoses. I also replaced the throttle, cruise, and asc bowden cables.

Summer '06 - Fuel pump, fuel filters

Oil change every 5,000 miles.

Things the car will most likely need:
    Lower control arms (50 mph shimmy), exhaust, brakes.

Other mentionables:
    The paint is decent but the clear is comming off on both sides of the front bumper. The headliner sags a little behind the left front seat, and there are two tears in the leather at seams that could probably be fixed. The was was also in a minor collision sustaining no damage to the rear bumper. I also just put the 540 honeycombs on it.

I am thinking I should ask around $3000 obo. I'd probably evel settle for around $2500. Does this seem like a pretty fair price?

Thanks for your input

look very nice , but how come it hasn't got a 540 front bumper?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the new 540/6?

I'm thinking of buying one myself here soon...

Quote Originally Posted by nizmainiac
    look very nice , but how come it hasn't got a 540 front bumper?
    If you are referring to the brake ducts I honestly don't know why my car doesn't have them. My best bet is that brake ducts were optional and the original owner didn't want them. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here. Also, I have seen other 540s without brake ducts so I don't know what the story is.

i thought that all 540's had the brake ducts on the bumper, you learn some thing new everyday. i've got a 540 front bumper on my 525, it's just my personal opinion but i think that they look much better than the m5 ones

Regular 540i 95s did not get brake ducts. Not sure about 540i6. However my 95 brochure does not show them on any cars.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

perhaps its a "regular" 540 6 and not the M spec one??
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast