GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking the 318iS to the Auto-X Saturday

Default Taking the 318iS to the Auto-X Saturday

The local BMWCCA club was invited by the local Porsche club to their Autocross event. Think I'll change brake fluid and air up the tires

Running the dunlop A2's, 10k on 'em and plenty of tread left, but they are starting to get a little noisy. Maybe I can wear off those noise bars

We'll see how it does....

Default Good Deal Jr, show those porsche wankers what for..

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5

The local BMWCCA club was invited by the local Porsche club to their Autocross event. Think I'll change brake fluid and air up the tires

Running the dunlop A2's, 10k on 'em and plenty of tread left, but they are starting to get a little noisy. Maybe I can wear off those noise bars

We'll see how it does....

Default Jealous. That sums it up for me. I'll be finishing hardwoods in the new house...

I think I may have received "permission" to do a driver's school in the fall in the 318iS...wishing and hoping, and replacing guibo and center bearing...

Have fun, JR! Sounds like a blast. Take some pics, so I'll know what to expect if I ever get a chance to do an autoX.

Bill B.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Default VIR in the fall

Bill-
    Are you talking about VIR in the fall? I too should be there again- hopefully it won't rain this time.

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    I think I may have received "permission" to do a driver's school in the fall in the 318iS...wishing and hoping, and replacing guibo and center bearing...

Have fun, JR! Sounds like a blast. Take some pics, so I'll know what to expect if I ever get a chance to do an autoX.

Bill B.
    Chip
    '92 535i 5sp
    EAT chip, Sachs kit, RRT sport control and upper thrust arms, SS brakelines, Camber plates, Subframe inserts, 3.64 Diff, M5 (3.6L) calipers.
    '87 325iS

Default Yep, that's the one I'm holding out for. Looking for a helmet now...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    Bill-
    Are you talking about VIR in the fall? I too should be there again- hopefully it won't rain this time.
    Who did you go through to do your pre-event tech inspection? I've heard some indys do them for free to CCA members.

Already makes me smile thinking about that school...first time I've ever looked forward to school!!

Bill B.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Hmm, Jr. You will certainly give them a run for their money. By the way. A friend of mine has chipped, put in new cams and exhaust and is getting close to 170 hp out of his engine.... Makes you think, doesn't it.

Look forward to a report on your day out!

Geoff
    '94 525iA
    '86 318iM

Hey Bill, how are you finding the AVS db's on the E34?

Geoff

TC535i Guest

A picture of Kim at the last autocross... I think she's got the whole "apex" thing down pretty well?

looks like the foglight wire or temp probe wire is hanging down

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    A picture of Kim at the last autocross... I think she's got the whole "apex" thing down pretty well?

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

TC535i Guest

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    looks like the foglight wire or temp probe wire is hanging down
    Temp probe connector... underpanel/brake duct came loose at "high speeds", pulled the duct and sensor. Wire was ziptied up, guess it came loose...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast