GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lad?

Default Lad?

How do I know if I have it on my '89 535i? I was checking my PS fluid and the manual says the reservoir is for LAD as well as PS.

I'm pretty sure the cars equipped with the self levling all use Pentosin fluid and use the resevoir with the screen in it.
    A look at the rear shocks will confirm what you have. No hydraulic lines, no LAD.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Is there a way i can use my VIN somewhere to see all the features equipped on my car?

From what I've read; Cars equiped with LAD have a larger fluid reservoir than a car without LAD. Also the power steering pump will have more than 2 hydraulic lines connected to it, purhaps 4.
    Hope this helps.
    Ken, from Melbourne AUS.
    '89 535iA with a 5 speed swap.

Sniper, the only NA cars so equipped were ///m5 and the 92-93 Tourings, maybe optional on 94 touring, definately gone by 95.

SO with an 89 unless you have some Euro model, you don't have that as a concern.

eh, figures. I'm still curious what options came with the car. Maybe I'll visit or call the parts dept at BMW

Also, if the subject/title in the owners manual has an asterisk after it ( * )..then it means that it was an optional feature and NOT available on all cars.

If you go back and read that chapter...you'll see that there was probably an asterisk indicating that rear self leveling discription is an option.
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-03-2008 at 03:55 AM.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Quote Originally Posted by ///Sniper535
    eh, figures. I'm still curious what options came with the car. Maybe I'll visit or call the parts dept at BMW
    email your local dealer with the last 7 digits of your vin and ask for a list of options the car was equipped with ... unless you come across some d*ck, they should email you back with a list pretty quickly (at least my local dealer always does)

or you could also try BMWNA

92/93 wagons...was that std or optional?

Sniper, the only NA cars so equipped were ///m5 and the 92-93 Tourings, maybe optional on 94 touring, definately gone by 95.
    My touring is a 96 (registered on a 97) and its got self leveling suspension but its a UK car.
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast