GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :: Drove the e34 again today...

Default :: Drove the e34 again today...

Same here. My Paps has an E39 that he's selling (oh yeah, anyone interested? lol!) so I'm driving it around to try and help with that, but I really don't like the way it feels during spirited driving. I have a much more connected feeling in my E34. This is a 528 with the Sport package, I guess it's called, but I don't like the way it feels. The steering is not light/sensitive as in my E34 (maybe it's just the wheel/tire difference) and I don't really have a good feel for when it's gonna break loose, which is most probably due to the large wheels and low profile tires. It's defenitely quieter and feels smoother going down the road, but alot of that is probably my E34's suspension being really worn out.

Defenitely like the stereo with CD player in the 528. ^_^

You completely turned me on, i can't wait to get my E34. It sounds exactly what i'm looking for, a perfect car for driving. By the way, what rims are you rolling on? They don't look BMW.

dude you don't need Stabil after 2 weeks

Silly question but, what's Stabil?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i know i was responding to breakfast cookie
    Heh. Didn't notice. I usually read on the Blackberry and it's as clear as **** when it comes to the thread layout... not to mention the damn date/time issue as well!

STABIL: http://www.goldeagle.com/sta-bil/
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Woah this shows i don't know poo about cars, i had no idea fuel needed stabilizing.
    Heh, this thread is funky. Half the posts are above the original post, half are below. It isnt easy to find the last one.

Default :: Drove the e34 again today...

So I treated the leather on the e39 and thought hey... what's this bottle of Stabil doing here? OH YEAH! For the e34... it's been two weeks since I've driven her.

Got in... musty old smell... like you'd smell in a seniors home. I remember that smell distinctly when I first sat in her for a test drive. Apparently my boxes of baking soda doesn't dispel that characteristic!

After a quick walkaround inspection (always), fired her up. Was greeted by a warm growl from the K&N and Magnaflow. Tested the pedal and they are stiff as hell (compared to the e39 only). Took a few seconds to readjust to the pedals but then I was off... setting off one car alarm along the way to the garage exit! Heh.

Took the highway to the gas station and car wash. I tell you, this car just FEELS CARNAL. So attached to the road... one with the road. Sure, you can slap a six-speed on the e39 but I bet it doesn't feel this one with the road. After warming up on the return trip, I ripped it to 6300RPM in all but fifth gear... to burn off deposits of course! Man, what a feeling.

Sure, the e39 540 is fast, but it just doesn't have the FEEL. I don't see how I can think of giving or selling her (e34)... even with the old seniors smell

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant. Need to go buy a car cover tomorrow.

NB: one thing I noticed is I no longer look at glassy mirrors or bus stops for the reflection of the e39 like I did with the e34. Heck, at the gas station, I looked back several times as I walked to the cashier.

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    The 540 doesn't have the rack and I need Stabil now that I'm storing it.

yeah, but stabil is only really necessary for periods of 12 months or more....When I stored my cars for the winter, I never used Stabil, and they were stored for 5 - 6 months at a time. I thought in your post you had put stabilizer in it for 2 weeks of storage!

but how is that possible, the e39 (6 cylinder) has a rack and pinion the holy grail of all steering systems and the e34 has the old and nasty recirculating ball

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPopTart
    The steering is not light/sensitive as in my E34 (maybe it's just the wheel/tire difference) and I don't really have a good feel for when it's gonna break loose,
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

The 540 doesn't have the rack and I need Stabil now that I'm storing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast