GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Why can't I get my radio code to work?

Default Why can't I get my radio code to work?

From BMWe34.net
    "Resetting radio after power is removed or display shows "CODE"
    • If the correct code is not entered in the three successive tries, the radio will not accept entry until the radio has been ON for one hour. IMPORTANT: When entering 5-digit code number, be sure to complete sequence number of that 5-digit code. For example: Code No. sequence is 12345 and you mistakenly enter 125 instead of 123, continue the code number sequence of 45 to complete that entry. The radio will not operate and "CODE" will reappear in the display. Re-enter the correct number sequence of 12345 and operation of the radio will continue. NOTE: If an audible beep is heard while entering the 5-digit code, STOP immediately. Begin entering the code again, starting with the first number of the 5-digit code.
    • Another solution from Steven V. The local BMW dealer told me that if I turn the ignition key to the number two position and leave all the dash lights on then disconnect the battery for fifteen minutes to a half hour. The system will re-program itself when the battery is connected. It does not say that in the manual or CD rom but it apparently worked fine. Of course the radio had to be recoded again."

With that said, do I have to keep the actual electronics in the car ON for an hour?
    It's difficult for me, because the #1 button on my radio is hard to press and you don't know whether you pressed it or not sometimes. I think the button is broken, but I know it works half the times that you press it. My main question is still if you must have the electronics on for an hour though. Otherwise I'm just gonna try the disconnect trick.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

"the radio will not accept entry until the radio has been ON for one hour"

Turn the switch to the #2 position, turn the radio on allowing it to display "CODE" for 60 min., enter the reset code.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

Default Are you sure that it is the correct code?

I tried for a day once entering the incorrect code myself.

Default it's position 1 not position 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch90535im
    ...Turn the switch to the #2 position, turn the radio on allowing it to display "CODE" for 60 min., enter the reset code.
    After 3 failed attempts at entering the radio CODE...you turn the ignition to POSITION 1 then turn the radio on and leave it like that for 1 hour.

No need to turn the ignition to POSITION 2 which also turns on more electronic stuff on the car.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL