GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead bat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dead bat

Darn it. I think a switch stayed closed (frozen) and the lights inside stayed on all night.

The damn thing is that I put the code in every time I get out of the car (in the OBC to avoid theft). Now if I get boosted, it's going to be the 10 minute countdown drill, isn't it ?

Anyhow, I'm taking the bat to my garagist. Might figure out if the battery is still good in the process. Or maybe I'll just change it outright. He has good quality stuff anyway.

There's a good 70 minutes wait for tow trucks and all... weather.

Buy yourself one of those Quick Jump battery pack. Costco had some for $50... which was a real bargain... and keep with you when you know you got battery problem... quick jump and you are on your way. Worth every penny. I can't tell you how many time I have used it already...

My diesel MB had a real bad battery... I used it to jump my car all day... like 4 times... good enough for me! Of course, I changed the battery soon afterward... otherwise without it, I would have gotten stuck at shopping mall after that first jump... What is the other three jumps for? LOL I went shopping... LOL.

Default i've used mine at least 50 times

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Buy yourself one of those Quick Jump battery pack. Costco had some for $50... which was a real bargain... and keep with you when you know you got battery problem... quick jump and you are on your way. Worth every penny. I can't tell you how many time I have used it already...
    this week i have boosted two neighbours with mine- it is six seen six winters - i've used it so many times, it's been frozen for months at a time (a couple of times with no charge) and still holds two or three solid boosts in it. cost me $40 - no way would i want to boost that many people with my car! it's so easy, too - i wouldn't drive anywhere without it, certainly not in canada (ok, maybe BC sometimes)
    Last edited by timandbim; 12-21-2007 at 11:10 AM.

...help me i'm freeeezing...

What's this about putting some sort of code in when you get out of the car? Do our cars have a security feature I don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPopTart
    What's this about putting some sort of code in when you get out of the car? Do our cars have a security feature I don't know about?
    Do yo uhave a full OBC like in the pic below? If yes...then yes...you have the ability to "immobilize" your car.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-21-2007 at 04:19 PM.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7
    Do yo uhave a full OBC like in the pic below? If yes...then yes...you have the ability to "immobilize" your car.

With the key in position 1 or 2 (I forget which one)...
    • press the CODE button on the OBC
    • enter any number between 0000-9999 (using the 1000/100/10/1 buttons) you MUST remember this number!
    • press the S/R button
    • turn ignition off
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-21-2007 at 04:23 PM.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Upon the next start up...turn the ignition to position 1 or 2 (I forget which one)...the word CODE will appear in the OBC display...
    • enter the SAME numbers you entered to set the code (using the 1000/100/10/1 buttons)
    • PRESS the S/R button
    • CODE should disappear from the OBC display
    • proceed to start the car.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

If a CODE is set...the car won't start. After 3 failed attempts at starting the car...the alarm will go off. For more info...just search the archives...or check your owners manual for more details.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Yeah, I have the OBC. My brother would LOVE this... he's mad for goofing with his OBC. I've never touched it. The clock only reads correctly because he hates seeing it untouched and set it last time he was in my car. lol!

So what do you do if you can't remember the code?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPopTart
    Yeah, I have the OBC. My brother would LOVE this... he's mad for goofing with his OBC. I've never touched it. The clock only reads correctly because he hates seeing it untouched and set it last time he was in my car. lol!

So what do you do if you can't remember the code?
    Sit with the key in ignition position 'on' & wait. The obc will start a 15 minute countdown & then resets, allowing you to start the car.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast