GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Throttle Body

Default Throttle Body

Has anyone ever had any problems with nipples on the throttle body coming off? Attached is a picture of a throttle body I saw on e-bay.

I am trying to narrow down a vaccum leak, and when removing the hose on the nipple of the idle air motor, the nipple came right out of the throttle body housing, it appears as though it was held in with JB Weld?

Any input or thoughts on how to repair this, or buy a used throttle body?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've been wondering about this, too. I've always been able to just kinda jiggle them out or even simply slide them out, very easily. I JB'd one of them... I think the one the ICV is on. I think it's time to JB the other two, especially since even after the engine swap, I have the troublesome idle, and the dead spot when first giving it throttle. Maybe these are to blame. I think we replaced every vacuum hose, but these little metal dudes that slide into the throttle-body I am still worried about.

Also, my Paps was humoring the possibility of the butterfly rod wearing out where it contacts the housing, possibly allowing air to pass. It stands to reason that this is a possibility, but would like more input.

I've seen that butterfly rod wear out and cause vacuum leaks many times on carburetors, but have yet to see it on a throttle body. The quickest way to tell is to get a can of starter fluid and start spraying around these areas when the car is running. If the idle jumps, you found your vacuum leak.

More JB Weld. This happens on other models as well.

Default hmm

interisting, but good to know. I see what I will be doing this weekend

Default ICV port on throttle body

Quote Originally Posted by clindahl
    Has anyone ever had any problems with nipples on the throttle body coming off? Attached is a picture of a throttle body I saw on e-bay.

I am trying to narrow down a vaccum leak, and when removing the hose on the nipple of the idle air motor, the nipple came right out of the throttle body housing, it appears as though it was held in with JB Weld?

Any input or thoughts on how to repair this, or buy a used throttle body?
    I just put blue silicone on it when I put it back together. Then it is easy to get apart the next time.

Jeff