GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: tilt adjust switch for electric seat

Default tilt adjust switch for electric seat

My driver's side seat does not adjust for the tilt of the front. Everything else works. I am about to dig into it with my good friend the ohmmeter/multi tester. Anyone ever been there before?

Default If that isn't it ,you can try cleaning up the switch

contacts as seen here.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Most probably that is the cause. We took the seat out, used a spare battery and cable and gave directly power to each motor. All worked, all moved something, except the one with the broken twisted wire inside.

These seats were in an Alpina E32 B12.5.0
    I took out the cable from one of my E32 750iL Highline parts cars, which had the comfort seats. Cable was too long. The good news was that it was too long, so we just shortened it and it works now on the Alpina sports seats.

Probably the same problem like the seat back twist, the inner core of the bowden cable is too long and has to be shortened. Go to my website below there is a link to Gale's page, he has a write up. Also Winfred has an excellent write up with pics. Use the search for it, can't find it at the moment.

Recently solved a similar problem in my friends car, the inner part of the bowden cable was completely twisted and broken.
    Bowden cables can be bought from the dealer, but better check beforehand what is written on it for the length of the cable. On E32 for example there were 2 makers of seats for BMW and the lenghth of the bowden cables it slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Probably the same problem like the seat back twist, the inner core of the bowden cable is too long and has to be shortened. Go to my website below there is a link to Gale's page, he has a write up. Also Winfred has an excellent write up with pics. Use the search for it, can't find it at the moment.

Recently solved a similar problem in my friends car, the inner part of the bowden cable was completely twisted and broken.
    Bowden cables can be bought from the dealer, but better check beforehand what is written on it for the length of the cable. On E32 for example there were 2 makers of seats for BMW and the lenghth of the bowden cables it slightly different.
    So this could also be the reason for my Sport Seat base elevation failure i assume. I already took the switch apart and cleaned everything. It tilts the base OK but will not raise or lower it. I hear the module clicking under the seat when i operate the swicth so I was stumped till you mention the cable.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Most probably that is the cause. We took the seat out, used a spare battery and cable and gave directly power to each motor. All worked, all moved something, except the one with the broken twisted wire inside.

These seats were in an Alpina E32 B12.5.0
    I took out the cable from one of my E32 750iL Highline parts cars, which had the comfort seats. Cable was too long. The good news was that it was too long, so we just shortened it and it works now on the Alpina sports seats.