GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BFG Traction TA is being discontinued...

Default BFG Traction TA is being discontinued...

So get them while you can if you need them. I have a recent set on the rears and was waiting to do suspension work on the front before replacing the second axle and found out that these are now discontinued (went to Costco).

Tire Rack still has them (at least in 225/60/15 V) for $94. Costco will still install them, but for $10 each.

I always hated mixing tires on a car, so I was lucky to look now and find them.

Who told you they were discontinuing them? I've heard many a tire shop tell me a tire in a particular size was being discontinued and the truth was they just weren't going to carry it any more, while BFGoodrich makes them to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPopTart
    Who told you they were discontinuing them? I've heard many a tire shop tell me a tire in a particular size was being discontinued and the truth was they just weren't going to carry it any more, while BFGoodrich makes them to this day.
    I asked Costco if they were just no longer selling them and they said they were in fact being discontinued by BFG. I also called a couple of local Discount Tire shops and heard a similar story.

I guess Tire Rack telling us this would seal the story, but I haven't asked.

whats so great about these tires?

(i work @ costco!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
    whats so great about these tires?

(i work @ costco!!!)
    They are a popular choice among the "classic" BMW group as they offer a good combination of performance, long life, low price, and stiff sidewall.

They are common, and I figure some folks are running a newer pair with plans to replace another soon. Good time to do it if anyone is in this situation. No biggie if I had to replace all four, but I don't want to mix tires and I certainly didn't want to throw away a good pair of tires that were installed only a few months ago.