GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: New Exhaust System

Default New Exhaust System

Well my exhaust is about shot so I am looking on getting a new one. From pasts posts it seems like both B&B Triflo and Supersprint received good press from the E34 crowd.

Could anyone give me their thoughts on differences between the two, durability, loudness, etc... thanks,

Brian

Default I can speak to the B&B Triflow from my ol' E28 (m)

...in a nutshell, it was louder than hell, and not in a good way. The thing was brand new when I bought my last '88 535is and even at highway speeds, it was even too damn loud. I like a nice throaty exhaust, but this was too much.

Just my $.02

Rgds,
    Tim
    '91 535iM

Quote Originally Posted by jbw535i
    Well my exhaust is about shot so I am looking on getting a new one. From pasts posts it seems like both B&B Triflo and Supersprint received good press from the E34 crowd.

Could anyone give me their thoughts on differences between the two, durability, loudness, etc... thanks,

Brian

Default Triflow is very nice on the E34 535i

I love it, nice deep noise up to 2000 RMP then much quieter, they really did a good job on this exhaust...
    '85 Euro 635csi Race Turbo, megasquirt, Group A
    '92 525i Touring 5 speed, 3.46 diff, UUC 8.5lb flywheel, soon to be turbo.
    '02 Subaru WRX Wagon with STI springs, bigger sway bars

Default Does anyone know how the Supersprint sounds compared to the Triflow?

Brian
    I am thinking about getting an exhaust also and wonder if the Triflow is alot louder. I used to have an E36 w/ a Triflow and it was loud as hell. I am wondering if the SS is a better pick and if it is the quieter one?

Default Do you want to make noise? Most quiet one is...

OEM, which also will likely outlast the others. The aftermarket ones are a
    bit lighter. Folks in the know say that the OEM gives as good performance as any.

Brian

Both are louder than OEM...

After doing some more research I will stick with an OEM muffler for now. Does anyone know of any places that sell either the Boysen or Eberspacher Mufflers? So far I have only found www.precisonautoparts.com Eberspacher [2 pieces center & rear muffler & 2 seal rings ] $648 and www.eap4parts.com Eberspacher Muffler Center Section $169 Muffler Rear Section $199 but they are closed until 5/31 and are out of stock anyway.

One other question - has anyone ever orderered a catalytic converter from either of these sites www.catalyticconverter.net or www.catalyticonverters.com. Both have pretty good prices on a replacement catalytic converters.

thanks,

Brian

i like my supersprint. a lil louder and deeper than stock, but doesn't drone in the cabin. screems at WOT.

most people will say triflo is overly loud.