GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What Heater Core do I have?

Default What Heater Core do I have?

RealOEM link

Which heater core do I have? Pictures 1 and 3 have the same part number for the radiators, and picture 2 doesn't look right (way too much crap). What do I get? The radiator and the gaskets?

Mine isn't leaking, but I have the entire interior out so I thought I may as well replace it.

Thanks

Pls let us know the VIN, or tell us if you have IHKA, IHR, IHR I, IHR II, IHR III.
    Siemens or Behr? If you do not know, pull out the control panel for the heating system, on the backside there are stickers and also on the heating unit you can see then is a large sticker of Behr or Siemens with the Behr and BMW part number.

Oh god, my entire interior keeps fogging up..

It's been raining a TON out here...
    So when I leave the car in a lot for more than 2 minutes with the front window vent open, I get a thick, wet fog going up from the vent.
    ...all the way up! It's kind of nasty if you ask me, makes me feel like the car is going to mold.

All the other windows fog up too...

This is probably my heater core spilling hot water everywhere when I stop & it evaporates, then condenses onto my cold windows.
    Shogun, any ideas? Am I right, or is it something else?
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

My heater core was leaking. I bypassed it until I get a chance to replace it - someday.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

If it would be coolant, you can smell coolant.
    I assume the your drains are stuck under the IHKA and there is rain water there.
    I assume you do not have a microfilter installed, otherwise I would change that too.
    If you have coolant loss, then that would be seen in the reservoir. I assume it is just moisture.
    Have sunroof? Then also check those drains. In my E32 they go down the A-pillar and the under the doors. Pour in water in the drains on top at the sunroof, water should come out under the car.
    On the E32 when I remove the speakers in the footwell, I have access to the drain hoses. Sometimes are completely plugged with dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    If it would be coolant, you can smell coolant.
    I assume the your drains are stuck under the IHKA and there is rain water there.
    I assume you do not have a microfilter installed, otherwise I would change that too.
    If you have coolant loss, then that would be seen in the reservoir. I assume it is just moisture.
    Have sunroof? Then also check those drains. In my E32 they go down the A-pillar and the under the doors. Pour in water in the drains on top at the sunroof, water should come out under the car.
    On the E32 when I remove the speakers in the footwell, I have access to the drain hoses. Sometimes are completely plugged with dirt.
    WOW Thanks again Shogun! I bet it's a combination of all three, because I have coolant loss too...
    IHKA? Where is it and how do I check it?

If it would stop freaking raining over here I'd totally check all this. The whole state is having severe floods, National Guard was called in some areas.
    Last edited by CharlesAFerg; 12-05-2007 at 05:21 PM.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

read this thread
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/451343
    also pics in my posting.