GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Somewhat OT: Problems since domain change?

I haven't noticed any downtime, but the messed up posts happened before the switch.

bimmernut? what is bimmernut? I keep coming to bimmer.info, same as before. The problems are becoming quite tedious, it makes it very hard to actually use the board.

Don't worry guys. Ed works full-time at the BMW dealership and does this for us at his cost. He did start the board before working for BMW. He runs the forums out of his home and because he does not want all those pesky ads and politics from forum sponsors for us e34 guys, he pays for the servers. He does hear you guys. It's simply the nature of the beast. This great board gets bigger and bigger each day so managing it becomes an even bigger task. He even bought a nice big server for us when he did the big switch. You can keep on letting him know by posting.

Hmmmm, what if we had a support section so Ed can go directly there to see what problems exist?
    Brandon J

Default Somewhat OT: Problems since domain change?

So, since we have this new bimmernut domain name, it seems like there are downtimes pretty often, plus the posts sometimes get mixed up, as in they aren't displayed in order of posting, some recent posts are completely messed up if they are posted soon after the last one.

Has anyone else noticed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDriver
    Bimmer.info redirects to bimmernut.com ; you'll see it in your web address bar.

mine doesn't. My address bar reads bimmer.info for all threads.

This is how the link to your post reads:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...001#post284001

Ed said that he is going to attempt to install a new server this weekend. So, perhaps things get much better for some of you after the weekend. And yes, thank you Ed.
    Brandon J

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov
    So, since we have this new bimmernut domain name, it seems like there are downtimes pretty often, plus the posts sometimes get mixed up, as in they aren't displayed in order of posting, some recent posts are completely messed up if they are posted soon after the last one.

Has anyone else noticed anything?
    I dont get downtimes now and the site response is quicker. Maybe the times I log in? Order of posts get mixed up but can be a giggle. Dont even know who looks after the site but they should be on our Xmas card lists

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    bimmernut? what is bimmernut? I keep coming to bimmer.info, same as before. The problems are becoming quite tedious, it makes it very hard to actually use the board.
    Bimmer.info redirects to bimmernut.com ; you'll see it in your web address bar.

the mixed up posts are because it is using the users LOCAL time.
    being mountain time MIne wind up ahead of someone's post that is east coast if I post within 2 hours, because my computer time is 2 hours earlier.

Dunno why it is doing so but if everyone's time was adapted to a common frame of reference like GMT it would cure the problem.

mine ussually goes to the top of the queue...i am ussually tomorow for you guys
    Gone but not forgotten