GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: steel tooth rim electr. rear sunblind last order chance

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Just found this company, they make gear parts for seats
    Reclining Seat Gear
    Motometer Units for E30/R/K series Motorcycles
    E-39 Headlight Adjusters etc
    and also for older clusters, even parts for E31 on order. If the steel gears which I have does not fit, contact this company

http://www.odometergears.com/bmw.html
    I emailed him asking about the toothed wheel gear for the E34 Sport Seat Base elevation mechanism and received a friendly and generous reply which suggested my problem was with the cable sheaths needing shortening.. Does the Sport Seat Base not employ any wheel gears to raise and lower? Is it a worm gear on that metal wide toothed arm that raises and lowers the seat Base? He did reply quickly and invited me to ask him any questions I may have anytime though I thought I;m not sure he understood what I was asking I know about shortening the cable sheaths for the seat back twist and the head rest but I hearad this clikcing like stripped plastic turning when trying to raise the back of the seat base then nothing at all I assumed it was just worn now below any engagment... I'll have to look at that picture again of the seat and see what i need.. but looks like a valuable and helpful resource for sure.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

I have not yet disassembled a gear on a seat. But 3 weeks ago I repaired the sports seats in my Alpina B12 5.0.
    Also first thought something wrong with motor or cable sheaths needing shortening.
    Actually found out that motor was running, but nothing happened, then I wanted to shorten the cable sheats, but when I opened the connection, I could pull out about 1 inch completely twisted and broken cable inside the sheats.
    Removed a complete bowden cable from normal seat from my parts car, which of course did not fit in length, but I made it fitting by cutting the sheats and installing in between a fuel hose with 2 clamps for easy adjustment of perfect length. Works like a charm.
    The normal seat gear looks quite strong
    http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_32.htm

But the gears on the E36 and E39 are made of plastic it seems. That is why he is offering replacement gear parts for these models.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    I have not yet disassembled a gear on a seat. But 3 weeks ago I repaired the sports seats in my Alpina B12 5.0.
    Also first thought something wrong with motor or cable sheaths needing shortening.
    Actually found out that motor was running, but nothing happened, then I wanted to shorten the cable sheats, but when I opened the connection, I could pull out about 1 inch completely twisted and broken cable inside the sheats.
    Removed a complete bowden cable from normal seat from my parts car, which of course did not fit in length, but I made it fitting by cutting the sheats and installing in between a fuel hose with 2 clamps for easy adjustment of perfect length. Works like a charm.
    The normal seat gear looks quite strong
    http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_32.htm

But the gears on the E36 and E39 are made of plastic it seems. That is why he is offering replacement gear parts for these models.
    I was thinking the Plastic Wheel Gear for the Rear Height Adjust was what must have failed on mine and I didn't see it listed specifically for E34 do you know that another model is compatable? I guess my Six feet 230 pounds was too much....

**UPDATE**

I sent them this image and they informed me they have seen these fail so infrequently they have not aquired the mold to make this gear so I am SOL. I've yet to see one of these seats up for sale.
    Last edited by Jehu; 06-12-2008 at 01:45 PM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Erich, are you still selling these? Will send you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevera
    Erich, are you still selling these? Will send you a pm.
    Yes, for the rear sunblind I have the steel gear (it is that part).
    I bought about 20 of them to keep stock. Meanwhile sold them in Japan and to the U.S.
    Fits for E32, E34, E31 and E38 till production date 02/1996 and probably later, as they used this version up from stock. Also some Benz models. Later version of motor with gear for E38 has a different design of the teeth of the gear and material has been changed.
    See TIS.

left side steel, right side the old damaged weak original one

http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/shogun/Zahnrad1.jpg

Thanks for the order, whit,

will send it out Monday when post office is open again, we already have here in this part of the world Friday the 13
    in the afternoon.

Default details of tracking for your order, whit

Jun 13
    19:56 Posting/Collection OSAKI Branch Tokyo metropolis
    141-8799
    Jun 14
    2:47 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch Tokyo metropolis
    138-8799
    Jun 14
    14:14 Arrival at inward office of exchange CHICAGO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Jun 14
    14:15 In Customs CHICAGO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Jun 14
    16:30 Departure from inward office of exchange CHICAGO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    Yes, for the rear sunblind I have the steel gear (it is that part).
    I bought about 20 of them to keep stock. Meanwhile sold them in Japan and to the U.S.
    Fits for E32, E34, E31 and E38 till production date 02/1996 and probably later, as they used this version up from stock. Also some Benz models. Later version of motor with gear for E38 has a different design of the teeth of the gear and material has been changed.
    See TIS.

left side steel, right side the old damaged weak original one

http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/shogun/Zahnrad1.jpg

Shogun -- Do you still have any of these? If so, please let me know, I'll PayPal you the coin....thx.

Yes, still have some.

Will send you by PM my Paypal account.
    Need your full address with phone number in return (required by EMS) and I will send it out then within this week and give you the tracking number.

@Johntee540

Sent it out to you today, should arrive within 7-10 days. Please let me know when it arrived.

@CO540Rick

1 reserved for you.
    Last edited by shogun; 08-10-2015 at 05:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12