GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :: e39 540i... engine bay.

Thanks guys! I tested EVERYTHING on it. I even ran the Peake on it after a 30 minute test drive... and it returned exactly the code I was expecting... external temp probe issue. Yeah, when it says -40c outside and fluctuates, there's an issue. They are to fix it before giving it me.

Oh, and the horn sounds like ****... single tone muted... which is strange. Of course suspecting front end damage perhaps. We'll see on Monday.

The car is from the province/state next door and the warranty book has NOTHING filled in the service records. Oil smells good. Fluids all look good.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

the aux fan sucks, most of the dead/dieing ones i've changed draw around 300ma when the car is off killing the battery, shitty cooling systems are old news, the new twist is the holy **** it's expensive water cooled alternator that's a bitch to change, i've had to replace every one i've ever seen and all under 100k miles, the plugs are due at 100k and really it needs them 85-90k, pcv plate is crap but hard to predict it's failure, e39 window regulators are one of the worst things ever installed on a bmw, ac compressors aren't too spiffy on any e39 but they start knocking for a little while before taking a ****, rear suspension lower ball joints suck and are not really diy, head light adjusters break and the light units bounce around inside of the light, real expensive on the later hid lights to change, the black plastic part on the abs pump will go out and need to be rebuilt, theres a couple places that do them for $2-300 and they supposedly upgrade them so they don't crap out, airbag crap in and around the seats trigger the srs light

i could go on but it's pointless, it seems the later the bmw the cheesyer they build them, however a vanos e39 540 is bloody fast so it may be worth it, but id venture a guess that it would take maybe twice the money it takes to run a e34 to run a later e39
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thanks Winfred. If I do take this, all the fluids and the plugs will be done, regardless of what they say. I wasn't able to test the AC as the temp was below freezing today. ABS working fine for now. Hell it still works on my 89... please last just as long!

I'm scared to look at the suspension on this with the autolevelling rear :\
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

sls works pretty well and doesn't really **** up without outside help on the later cars, the new style abs control unit design just sucks ass, the only good thing about it is you can change the electronics pack when it craps out in about 5 minutes and you don't touch brake fluid
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12