GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Going to remove front end

Fear not! The only sugestion borne of experience I would make is, remove the bumper first to make it easier to get at the outer grill clips,never managed to do it by the book myself,hooked the plastic clip off the grill section as never seem to be able to release it with long screwdriver from top.Adjust the headlihts BEFORE replacing the grills in case the screws are a bit old.

Default Tip

remove the inner covers behind the lights, then you can reach those grill clips by hand. Its easy when you depress the clip and able to push out the grill.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Default Going to remove front end

As the title says, I am going to pull the front bumper, fogs, headlights, grille etc...

Why?? Well, I have some eyes on the way for my E34, and while they get installed, I'd like to remove all the bits that are crooked or have overspray on them... AND INSTALL THEM ALL PROPERLY!!

Apparently, the car was only a few months old when it was damaged, and the repairs are some of the shoddiest I have seen!!

So my question is: Can I remove all this stuff WITHOUT consulting the Bentley manual?? Or is it more complicated that it looks, and I'd be a fool to undertake it without any prior knowledge??

Last thing I want is to have any "Where the **** does that go??" moments!!

I need to pull the rear bumper for the same reasons... (Plus it keeps 'unclipping' just behind the wheel arch.)

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

yes its all pretty easy and I know you have mechanical knoweldge on your toyota corolla. The only hard think I found initially was to remove the grill that holds the kidneys in. i needed two 30cm screwdrivers to pry it out.

Beautiful Gentlemen!!

Just the advice I was after... Thank you all

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Yep- its all pretty basic - one tip, the metal trim under the headlights tends to scratch the top of the bumper cover if you are trying to do the job on your own. (Ask me how I know!!) Get a second person so the bumper cover is nice and straight when you slide it off and on. Not heavy, just awkward becuase its plastic. The rest is straight forward. John 535is