GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't post much...

Default I don't post much...

but I check in every other day or so to gain a little knowledge. Anyway I got into a bit of a fender bender the other morning on the way to work. Quoted $2700USD to fix. New hood and grille and some other bits.

I was looking at getting some of the parts myself to save some cash and I was on BMA. Does anyone have an updated Discount code? I did a search and dotinfo, DOTINFO, and bimmer.info no longer work.

The hood alone from body shop is $540!!

Also does anyone know where I can find an OEM nose panel 51131978880 ('91 525)?

Thanks and happy motoring

Check your area for used auto parts delaers aka Junk Yards... you may find the matching parts needing no painting then again... good luck.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInSTL
    but I check in every other day or so to gain a little knowledge. Anyway I got into a bit of a fender bender the other morning on the way to work. Quoted $2700USD to fix. New hood and grille and some other bits.

I was looking at getting some of the parts myself to save some cash and I was on BMA. Does anyone have an updated Discount code? I did a search and dotinfo, DOTINFO, and bimmer.info no longer work.

The hood alone from body shop is $540!!

Also does anyone know where I can find an OEM nose panel 51131978880 ('91 525)?

Thanks and happy motoring

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    Thank you

Default I will be searching

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Check your area for used auto parts delaers aka Junk Yards... you may find the matching parts needing no painting then again... good luck.
    I will check the yards out...but I will not get my hopes up.

Default Opinions on Aftermarket Parts?

I have found an aftermarket hood and nose panel, but I am hesitant to purchase them both. My dad was in the autobody business and I recall him hating the fit of most aftermarket parts. Has anyone had any experience with fitting aftermarket parts..times may have changed a bit?

Thanks

Buy used... check to see who has them... private and hopefully near you too so you can inspect and take it home with you. Much cheaper this way and all BMW parts.

It's damn seldom a BMW gets totalled without front-end damage. Parted out by a repair shop when the cost of repair exceeds the value is a more likely scenario (cracked heads). I'm assuming you're in St. Louis; have you checked with the independent BMW shops in the area? The guy on Olive St. Road in U-City used to have a bunch of relics laying around. And remember, if you order from your local BMW dealer you won't have to pay shipping. The grille panel should be under $100 new, less if your dealer gives a BMW CCA discount or other discount. Never hurts to ask. Shipping body parts is an expensive pain in the butt.

Default Code

try spece30

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

nobody on here has said you just email patrick from bma and tell him your a member on here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast