GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: M30 Engine Compartment Cleaning - Urgent

Default M30 Engine Compartment Cleaning - Urgent

Ok so I'm sick of my filth and want to clean up. I just had my Insp II done and I had my guy tighten that bolt that oil supposedly leaks from (http://www.koalamotorsport.com/article-m30oilleaks.asp)

But recently my oil leak has gotten worse (visible spots on the driveway from overnight parking). My level is fine for now but I seriously need to get to the bottom of this. I don't have apressure washer @ home but of course a hose. I want to get soem water in the compartment but am really afraid to after hearing horror stories and seeing all the wires and connections. I had plenty of simple green @ my disposal but I need to know if I can and should take a hose and please someone put a picture or photoshop my picture (I will post one if needed) on where to keep water away from. Thanks!

I'll be keeping an eye on this one... Any cleaning product recommendations would be great too...
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

I just picked up some purple power and am ready to spray but seriously neone care to input on where to keep water away from (pics a must)

Yes but I'm not using high pressure, and I don't intend to chop my arm off

Amen to that,I do quite a few cars with a farm-yard monster steam blaster and the best way that has worked so far is; Beforehand take off every elctrical plug you can find,spray it with WD40, clean old crap off plug and refit,try the engine after each one in case there is a weak one.When all plugs are done,including the distributor,start the engine and spray on dereaser, blast away and if engine stops spray the area you just let with WD,it helps to use a steam cleaner as it all heats up and evaporates.The only cars to NEVER touch with a drop of water are Range-Rovers,had one once that would stop in fog!Water temp sensors seem to have weak boots that perish so beware.

Hmm can I get the AC compressor and the ac lines wet?

I've heard, from someone who has cleaned his engine with a high pressure hose, to keep the engine running as you're spraying. That way if you spray where you're not ment to the enigine will respond.

Apart from potential damage to insulation, no problem with a/c lines, it help to renew insulation anyway.Blast away!

In UK use traffic film remover, cheap in bulk but keep it off body in case it dries,only thing i know clean diesel engine oil off cam cover! If your 535`s got the vent pipe from alternator, block it.

Hmm ok I pulled out the air box and washer fluid box it needed to be cleaned!! Can the AC compressor get wet?