GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heading to va tomorrow see ya in a week

Default heading to va tomorrow see ya in a week

unless someone has wifi i can steal we shall see how da shark does on a long haul, in town mpg is maybe 1-2 better then my 535 with the same engine/chip but this ****er holds about 5 less gallons, damn small tanked old cars
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

higher geared though...might be quite a bit better on the highway
    Gone but not forgotten

not that much, i went from 3.91s to 4.27s with the automatic 535 and didn't really give up any mileage, i have 3.73s in da shark which really wakes up a e28 535 that comes with 3.25s stock, sometimes you gain a little mileage getting the engine a little higher in the power band unless you are sporting a turbo diesel, then to a point the slower you spin it the less fuel you use

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    higher geared though...might be quite a bit better on the highway
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

dammit i guess you can't bitch about ungodfully slow stolen wifi, ****'s like dialup, the only other signal in range is the holiday in and it's secured, ****ers. 10 hours of driving and we is in chattanooga, da shark only got 24 mpg at 70 on it's first tank, the first tank is usually the worst ill see tomorrow what the 2nd is
    Last edited by winfred; 11-14-2007 at 08:48 PM.

I don't usually get better than that in the M60 on the highway... and i run 93... how's the power?
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

oh it hauls ass pretty good, it would flatten my e30 if they raced and e30 was pretty quick, i was playing with the bosses kid leaving the shop one day he was in his programer'd 00 323ci that was just about even to maybe a hair faster in a straight drag then my old e30 with headers, chip, throttle body...... and ****ing walked away from him at a rapid pace a couple times, da shark is fairly quick with just a eat chip and a m30b35, i wanna score a set of headers and build a decent exhaust to back it up at least

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    I don't usually get better than that in the M60 on the highway... and i run 93... how's the power?

Where you headed in VA?

WiFi is everywhere. Even my house has it. But then I'm headed to NY on Tuesday, in the E34. About 25mpg if I average 80+. 28mpg if I keep it under 75. Love the big tank. 500 miles even if I'm flying.

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    dammit i guess you can't bitch about ungodfully slow stolen wifi, ****'s like dialup, the only other signal in range is the holiday in and it's secured, ****ers. 10 hours of driving and we is in chattanooga, da shark only got 24 mpg at 70 on it's first tank, the first tank is usually the worst ill see tomorrow what the 2nd is
    Try Airsnort WEP=WON
    (ie Wide Open Network)

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

winchester, or about as high as you can go on I81 before leaving the state, bought my cousins a new wireless router as theirs had died so i am finally up and surfing again, leaving tuesday morning for home and'll get there wednesday evening, first 3 tanks were 24, 22.5, 24 and haven't filled up the current tank yet which should be the best, was bucking nasty winds for most of the trip which i partially blame the crappy mileage on, **** it was even snowing from upper tn to almost ronoke va, nothing was sticking though, the small ass gas tank sucks in da shark, i think it's about 16 gallons (i am not pushing it hard, it can be a good ways to the next station up here) and the sender is not very consistent through the sweep with my autometer gauge, i've tweaked it on the top end with a resister and it takes about 115 miles to get to 3/4 and about 50 to get to 1/4 from there, i think ill see if i can build something that works better, the overall range of the bmw sending unit works with the old ford gauge but apparently the bmw gauge displays the info on a different arc

I think they just put the lines on the gauge at different spots. The sender is linear, the tank shape is not (smaller/narrower at the bottom); that last 1/4 goes fast. No different on an E28 or even a 2002.

Take a lap at Summit Point before you depart the area! I'll be passing through Winchester on my way to NY on Tuesday morning. We'll likely pass each other amid the trucks on I-81. I'll be in the white E34 with black-center fan-less M5 I-beam wheels. Probably won't hit Winchester until about 9am. Have a safe trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast