GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpina B10 BiTurbo Autumn Pics

Default Alpina B10 BiTurbo Autumn Pics

I am the second registered owner and I purchased the car in May 2006 from Robert Voytcheff at www.splendidauto.com. He had it imported from Germany. The previous owner had deregistered it every winter to spare it from German winters. Only 507 ever made. This is #37.

More info here: http://home.swipnet.se/~w-19495/biturbo.htm
    and here: http://www.m5board.com/alpina/e34.html

360 HP, 384 TQ. Approx. 10 lbs per horsepower to weight ratio. Performance figures are similar to a Ferrari Testarossa. More power and torque than 928GT, 500E. Faster than similar vintage 911 C2, 911 C4, NSX, 348. Only one sedan of that era was faster: Lotus Carlton aka Lotus Omega.

The fronts are 235/45/17 and rears 265/40/17. Both are Y-rated.
    The car is about finesse, refinement and is very, very balanced and is a pleasure to drive on the highway as it was designed for the autobahn. The car rides very low as you can see. There isn't much of a gap in the rear wheel arch. The rears uses Self-Levelling Suspension to maintain a constant rear camber regardless of vehicle load. Improper camber at prolonged high speeds can lead to tire failure.

There are oil coolers for the engine, transmission and rear differential. Aside from maintenance items and parts replacements, I have installed a clutch stop, a Z3M short shifter, Racing King's (aka Bruno's) Delrin subframe inserts
    and a blow off valve (to prolong the life of the turbos and avoid turbo surge).

Enjoy!

Last edited by puppypilgrim; 11-13-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    "Is that a geo duck in your pocket or are you just a happy sashimi? - Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs, on Discovery Channel

Default More pics

"Is that a geo duck in your pocket or are you just a happy sashimi? - Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs, on Discovery Channel

get one of those suede steering wheels and you will have the most incredible interior I have ever seen in my entire life.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Fit the e46 wheel on there with the alcantara insert

Again.... hot!
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Too bad it doesn't have the alpina steering wheel and the head unit looks out of place

what an amazing car...

with the 265's do the wheels rub?
    -Mike

They don't rub with the offset of the 17" wheel. Wheel and tires upgrades need to be carefully balanced with anti-roll bars, springs, struts and other chassis tuning issues.

Simply increasing wheel and tires sizes will increase unsprung weight at every corner and can lead to sluggish acceleration and imbalanced chassis response to driver inputs. Increading unsprung weight also contributes to premature wear on suspension components. Changing to grippier tires in existing sizes will allow you to have more fun without getting into the other issues like wheel offsets, hubcentric rings, rolling the fender, etc.
    Last edited by puppypilgrim; 11-13-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by puppypilgrim
    They don't rub with the offset of the 17" wheel. Wheel and tires upgrades need to be carefully balanced with anti-roll bars, springs, struts and other chassis tuning issues.

Simply increasing wheel and tires sizes will increase unsprung weight at every corner and can lead to sluggish acceleration and imbalanced chassis response to driver inputs. Changing to grippier tires in existing sizes will allow you to have more fun without getting into the other issues like wheel offsets, hubcentric rings, rolling the fender, etc.
    hmm thanks from what i'm told my style 32's are abit on the heavy side
    -Mike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast