GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: HELP! Alarm won't stop going off!

Default HELP! Alarm won't stop going off!

So, I'm driving around this '00 or '02, I don't remember, 528 and it was a car we bought cheap cause it was wrecked in the front and that's what we do for a living. Anyway, one of the sensors for the alarm is just kind of sitting there on the front of the left fenderwell because the stuff that holds it is all broken up, apparently, in fact it doesn't even clip all the way in cause it's busted, but it will push in and stay.

So skip to tonight, suddenly the alarm won't stop going off. I lock it and then in a minute or two it goes off. Sometimes it takes an hour, but it will go off. I don't want to leave this baby unlocked overnight. I noticed it has 3 pins. Can I short any of the pins with a wire or paperclip so it will think everything is fine. Paps says if you leave it unplugged, it will always go off.

just posted something about that here
    Anti-Theft System (DWA) False Alarm caused by Inclination Sensor
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/437947

Interesting... although it says vehicle produced before July '96. But if it is the same, I still need to figure out how to fool the system into thinking everything is a-ok.

take the battery off and lock it manually?

I still need to figure something out. I don't know why it waited till today to goof up... although, I had the hood up and I picked it up and moved it around, then put it back where it was resting. Is it supposed to point up into the air or something? Maybe that's why it's goofing up, now. I'm going to try disconnecting it and see what happens, although my Paps swears that just makes it go off. Any info on jumping the pins so that it doesn't go off would be great! :|

Well, I disconnected the sensor, and it doesn't seem to be going off. Hopefully that will be that. *shrug*