GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anyone know where to buy the windshield trim & clips

Default Anyone know where to buy the windshield trim & clips

Hi Everyone,
    I haven't been on for a long time, but still playing with the E34. Just replaced all the front and rear suspension (Bilstien& Zender) all new steering, upper & lower arms etc, now for a new windshield as the currrent one is a bit pitted.
    I cannot find an aftermarket supplier in Sydney and BMW is going to be over $1000 before the glass. Anyone know a good supplier in US or Oz for the windshield trim & clips etc?

Thanks
    John 535is,

That will be very costly to import a windshield from USA. Maybe you will even not find a seller who will ship outside the US with insurance.

Shipping companies were not willing to take the risk in my case.
    I had the same problem with sellers in Germany, did not find any supplier to ship outside the country to Japan because of the glass material.
    Now I found them on the Japanese auction house for about 300 US$ without installation.
    Here the offers in Japan for E34 glasses for selling only to customers located in Japan
    http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ode=1&auccat=0
    For easy calculation just cut the last 2 zeros,
    so Yen 20.000 is roughly 200 US $.

But maybe someone knows a company in the USA which is also willing to sell overseas.

The other parts you can order from www.autohausaz.com
    or
    www.bmaparts.com

Thanks Shogun. I am after the trim & clips, the glass I can get here without any problem, but due to the state of the rubber no one wants to touch it becuase it will probably not go back in.

Hi John,

I had the same thing to deal with a couple of years ago and not knowing any better i went to the stealer, all up it was about $600 for the lot, the little clips were ok a $2.50 a go. the trims left and right are about $270.00 each and the top centre piece was $22.00. perhaps BMA is the go. i havent used them but i think every one else in oz has and recos them very well.

Good luck and regards

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb
    Hi John,

I had the same thing to deal with a couple of years ago and not knowing any better i went to the stealer, all up it was about $600 for the lot, the little clips were ok a $2.50 a go. the trims left and right are about $270.00 each and the top centre piece was $22.00. perhaps BMA is the go. i havent used them but i think every one else in oz has and recos them very well.

Good luck and regards
    I was just asking the dealer about those trims here today (cuz mine are shot and the glass is sandblasted), they were about $100 USD per side. Glass was about $300 from the dealer. Didn't ask about the center clip and attachment clips...

clips are like $1.50 each at the dealer, the trim I would try to get from a junk car. I have a set that I installed myself but some of the clips would not hold and it tore off on the highway again. It was ran over, ONLY ONE TIME. I'm considering just taking off the clips and sharpie-marker-ing/taping where the trim fits. Seriously. Btw when I got the clips from the dealer I ended up getting a free bag of them because the parts dept is full of goofballs.
    Last edited by [1990]525; 11-08-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Default I did mine myself

I replaced the trim and clips (I'm in the US) and ordered them from BMAparts.com but hold onto your shorts, they are $100 each. The middle cup piece is $9 and the clamps that go onto the windshield are $2.25 each (there are 14 of those, I believe.)
    The install was documented in a thread on this forum and it has 5000 miles on it, so they've not failed (touch wood.)
    Here's the thread...
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28111
    Link to my M50 engine rebuild thread
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul