GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast in a M30???

Default How fast in a M30???

Engineered to perform and outlast, the E34 is the machine to express ones excitment for high speed driving. While applying throttle and forcing thrust you can not help to have the thirst for more and more from the vehicle you can not wait to drive every single day...

It starts slowly and calmly, I-15 northbound, cruising speed... Traffic is light and the motor way is open to the night drivers delight.
    You find yourself not competing with the drivers next to you, no, you enjoy and thrive on the maneuverability control while driving. The speed is steady, 90mph...merely cruising baby...

Focused and intently concentrating on the next lane switch, planning the next two or three moves to avoid slowing to the surrounding traffic, you see yourself screaming past the other drivers... You impress yourself with you lane changes, the split second decision that decides accelerate or to decelerate.
    Soon, one to two light beams are chasing you. You stay focused on your line, bobbin and weavin baby...

Gripping the leather bound wheel tightly, clenching your teeth, butterflys in the stomach, your eyes pupils dilating from the adrenaline from the extreme driving you have gotten yourself into...

The top of the hill is clear, no red lights, only white in the rear views, down hill stretch is wide open with a few reds in the view.

You reach 99mph...108...116... You want more, more! You know this machine is capable! 125...135mph!!!

The surrounding is a blur, time is shorten, the engine reving at over 4000 RPM! More, more, more!

The car has proven it has integrity...It slowly comes down to 80mph...

...One more gear would have been useful you think as you arrive to the destination 20 minutes earlier, 1/4 less of fuel than expected, and with a grin of pleasure. Satisfied your BMW is this much fun to drive.

I got 150 outta my car, even though the manual says auto M30's top speed is 143 or something like that. I haven't felt like going past 120 lately for some reason.

My car is completely mechanically stock.

I pulled 230-ish Kmh out of mine one night, could have been more if it wasn't for the hill I had to tackle at the end of the section of road!!

Mines mechanically stock too, save for 18in rims.

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Forget what specs BMW issue,they are extremely pessimistic! Even a 518 will cruise at 90,with a simple tweak my old 535d went to 172 and the present owner claims more.My TDS is claimed to do 127, will do that in fourth, and does 147 uphill, downhill, all day, photo of GPS to prove it!

my m20 525i auto reached 220kph then i had to slow down due to traffic

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

On paper the stock 535i should do 147mph... I've only took mine to the fun side of 120mph (just) before having to slow, but the needle was still surging forward at an impressive speed!

One day i'll get it to Germany and see what it can really do...
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

2 weeks ago someone made me see about how fast the 535 rolls. 2007 Toyota avalon and a 3 mile wide open highway straightaway, me and him at 4am, no cars besides me and him. I beat him off the line, He passed me through mid first gear, i cought up in 2nd passed him beginning of 3rd. he quit at 130, I quit at 145mph at about 5200RPM. Stock besides chip.

BMW is wrong on paper, yes speedo might nota been completely accurate but come on now!!!

I don't think I will ever go that fast again, the 535 proved it can do it, pretty quickly and just the fact it kept on pulling like a mofo was enough for me to never go that fast again, especially at 198000 miles I know she can do it and thats all there is to it.

By the way im in the 200,000 mile club now!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm stoked!!!

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Phatty5BMW
    2 weeks ago someone made me see about how fast the 535 rolls. 2007 Toyota avalon and a 3 mile wide open highway straightaway, me and him at 4am, no cars besides me and him. I beat him off the line, He passed me through mid first gear, i cought up in 2nd passed him beginning of 3rd. he quit at 130, I quit at 145mph at about 5200RPM. Stock besides chip.

BMW is wrong on paper, yes speedo might nota been completely accurate but come on now!!!

I don't think I will ever go that fast again, the 535 proved it can do it, pretty quickly and just the fact it kept on pulling like a mofo was enough for me to never go that fast again, especially at 198000 miles I know she can do it and thats all there is to it.

By the way im in the 200,000 mile club now!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm stoked!!!

Pat
    The 535i with stock chip is electronically limited to 147, but a new chip will remove the limiter... It'd be interesting/scary to see what it would get up to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    The 535i with stock chip is electronically limited to 147, but a new chip will remove the limiter... It'd be interesting/scary to see what it would get up to!!!
    Yep, I didn't have the balls to top it out. 145 is more than fast enough for me I got a quick question though. My buddy has a 91 525 m50. He got his to 135 and just would not go any faster, pegged right at 135 with plenty of RPM's. My question is why would a 525 stop at 135 and the 535 at 147? I have been 135 in my 535 before and she kept pulling, i wanted to see if mine would do it too. (boy was he pissed lol) I wonder why.....

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Phatty5BMW
    Yep, I didn't have the balls to top it out. 145 is more than fast enough for me I got a quick question though. My buddy has a 91 525 m50. He got his to 135 and just would not go any faster, pegged right at 135 with plenty of RPM's. My question is why would a 525 stop at 135 and the 535 at 147? I have been 135 in my 535 before and she kept pulling, i wanted to see if mine would do it too. (boy was he pissed lol) I wonder why.....

Pat
    I wouldn't even have the balls to get to that! (Mainly due to high police presence where i am!)...

As for your question... I would say there's no replacement for displacement. I would assume they increase the top speed limit as well as improve the 0-60times as the engine sizes increase so they can justify each cars place in the market...

What makes me wonder is why can Honda produce 240BHP out of a 2Litre engine when BMW needed a 3.5Litre engine to get 211BHP?! Even the NEW 530i doesn't get 240BHP!

I still wouldn't change my m30 for anything though!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast