GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Large SUV Was Parked in Front of Me

Default A Large SUV Was Parked in Front of Me

And when I went to my car this is what I found. Parallel parking in DC can always be a gamble but this is just my luck I suppose, on my birthday.

Crappy pic, It doesn't look SO bad, theres a crack in the paint line, how much might this cost to fix? Looks like the rear bumper went into my grille. The wing mounting stuff in the center is busted up but internally everything is fine.
    Last edited by nirvana19; 11-02-2007 at 08:19 AM.

wow that really really sucks.

Yeah, that would piss me off, and it takes a bit to get me going. I'm sure they left a note, but it blew off the window, right..........

Look around, hoods are not that expensive and fairly easy to locate if fixing it is too expensive.

Sorry to see that

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Got quoted about 250 by a body guy to hammer/fill/wetsand/prime/paint/clearcoat. Don't like the idea or having to use any body filler anywhere but evidently its going to be tough to perfectly tap that out. Might just get a new hood. Lots of chips on my bumper in addition to those scrapes you see from this so I might have that sprayed while I'm at it. And my rocker panels been needing some attention too.. or should I just spare myself and leave it as it is ?

These aren't the highest res pictures, but just for reference

thats my car on a better day

Default Sorry you got this, especially on your birthday

People really suck these days when it comes to having any respect for other peoples property. I can only hope that this skunk has some equal karma that will leave him stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. A few weeks ago some jerk cut the guy off in front of me, he panicked, slammed his brakes on and I ran right into him. Cops said its still my fault and he would give me a ticket, but the guy I ran into was honest enough to tell the whole truth, which did help me avoid that ticket. The guy that caused it with an illegal lane change got away clean, the cops couldn't care less that I had his plate number, and wouldn't do a thing about it. I guess you know what kind of karma I have for him.

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like a good reason for a new hood and newly painted front bumper. Happy Birthday, by the way.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Since there are more pressing things I should spend on for the car, I'm considering having the area half repaired (bent back into the proper shape and sealed for rust) and putting a front end mask on the car, any recommendations for the type?

p.s. i WILL get this properly repaired (new hood + paint), I'd just rather wait and do it right than have the paint touched up!

you must be talking about http://www.carbras.com/........ for extra support

bilstin HDs, eiback prokit, K&N instert, DEPO fogs, sound system, zimmerman rotors, metal master

If you don't live too far away from Maryland, Crazy Rays in Jessup usually has some E34s, one of which you can take the hood from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast