GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touring Roof Rails

There are 4 bolts that goes thruu the roof
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...28&hg=51&fg=95

A friend sand and repaint his rails, did not last long, then the paint came off again. His advice to me, was to buy new ones.

Default Got the headliner swapped today...

....but there were a couple of differences. I bought the factory headliner panels, the front, back, and the two side panels. Everything came off without much trouble. I noticed the 4-bolts for the roof rails while everything was off. When I started to install the new stuff there were some differences. The rear headliner panel didn't have the opening for the tweeter speaker grills and the hole for access to the rear sunroof motor was bigger than the old panel. I decided to use it anyway. When I got to the front there wasn't any holes for the vanity mirror lights. What the heck, figured I wouldn't miss them so I installed that also. The whole job took about two hours. For reference; pull the sunvisors, grab handles, and all lights out of the headliner first. Then drop the tops of the door seals and pull back on the A & B pillar trim to loosen them up. With everything loose just pop the back of the side panels out and pull towards the back of the car and the side panels come right off. Remove the speaker grills, and drop the tailgate seal to lower the back panel. Pretty straight forward job. I don't know if all the headliner pieces come minus the tweeter holes and vanity light holes or whether I just got the wrong pieces but check it out good before ordering.

Paul L

you didn't happen to take any pics did you?

did you skip refurbing the rails?

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12