GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone into nitro RC car??

Default O/T Anyone into nitro RC car??

guys anyone into nitro RC car??have a question if anyone is in to it
    Last edited by bmwrp8; 10-25-2007 at 03:01 AM.

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Heh, I used to have a mardave marauder like this:

What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    Heh, I used to have a mardave marauder like this:

What's up?
    used to? sold it? anyway I have a v-one rr just now when accelarating hard it cant go in a straight line it goes to the left but if mild accelaration its normal any idea?been bugging me since this morning. anyway here's the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by bmwrp8; 10-25-2007 at 04:33 AM.

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrp8
    used to? sold it? anyway I have a v-one rr just now when accelarating hard it cant go in a straight line it goes to the left but if mild accelaration its normal any idea?been bugging me since this morning. anyway here's the pic.
    Is the diff starting to come apart internally?

Mine used to do this when one side of the marauder diff locked up! Can also happen if you've got crap on one drive tyre that causes a difference in traction between sides of the car. - these had foam/rubber glued tyres didnt they? You got a tyre spinning on the rim?

I say used to, gave it away to a cousin's kid in the end cos I just found I didnt have the time to play with this kit any more - shame really, used to love the 2 stroke scream and a semi-guided missile going past

I am into trucks and planes.

Have only 1 Nitro "supercharged" powered aerobatic plane, the rest are 1/4 and above the size of the real ones, powered by 7 hp 50cc gasoline engines with auto advance electronic ignition

http://www.torkndork.com/planes.html

http://www.torkndork.com/tmaxx.html
    BMW, THE ULTIMATE FLYING MACHINE

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
    THANK THE GERMANS, BMW HAS ALL 3

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Ready
    I am into trucks and planes.

Have only 1 Nitro "supercharged" powered aerobatic plane, the rest are 1/4 and above the size of the real ones, powered by 7 hp 50cc gasoline engines with auto advance electronic ignition

http://www.torkndork.com/planes.html

http://www.torkndork.com/tmaxx.html
    Hmm, I always did like the tmaxx, just when I could eventually afford it - I no longer had time to play with it!

I used to have a Tamia (sp?) Mini Cooper that was a fwd electric R/C car - fitted it out with a stock 11 wound motor and the sheer speed it could build up was incredible - used to outrun most of my nitro kit.

Battery tech has moved on considerably these days too, so I bet you get decent run times out of them now

I have a Kyosho V-One S. Never really got into it though. It was always a pain in the ass to start. It now resides in a closet at my parent's house 500 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    Hmm, I always did like the tmaxx, just when I could eventually afford it - I no longer had time to play with it!

I used to have a Tamia (sp?) Mini Cooper that was a fwd electric R/C car - fitted it out with a stock 11 wound motor and the sheer speed it could build up was incredible - used to outrun most of my nitro kit.

Battery tech has moved on considerably these days too, so I bet you get decent run times out of them now
    My T-MAXX is actually Nitro and yes batteries cam a longggggggggggggg way within the last decade.

My truck has a complete racing setup, stock out of the box it does 45 MPH now probably 52 MPH with the bigger racing engine which revs to 25,000 RPM with the two speed auto tranny. We also made a snow mobile conversion kit for them.

I am actually getting rid of mine, I have no time for it, you can see ad here.

http://www.usedottawa.com/classified...gory=rc-models

I love me planes
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Turbo Ready; 10-25-2007 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RX7guy
    I have a Kyosho V-One S. Never really got into it though. It was always a pain in the ass to start. It now resides in a closet at my parent's house 500 miles away.

Just needed proper proper priming and tuning, they actually start easily. You could also get a car with on board start like my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by RX7guy
    maybe its just the glowplug. mine is a kyosho V-One RR with os 12tr engine. Mine hard to start before. I just charged the glow plug heater and changed the glow plug and adjusted the carb.
    Last edited by bmwrp8; 10-25-2007 at 09:47 AM.

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast