GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apologies to USA.

Default Apologies to USA.

It suddenly came to me, as result of a PM, that i was taking the............. out of the main originators of the best forum on the BMW/interweb(atrib Clarkson). I apologise for any mis-interpretation by the colonies, its our sense of humour and a small degree of jealousy over the fact that you appreciate the products of Bavaria more than we do!

I don't know if we appreciate german goods more, or the fact that America is run by germans, just like me. President, CEOs of corporations, NASA, NSA, CIA, etc. - take your pick. And I don't know what you posted, but the only thing that I know that ticks off Americans are the French in any way/shape/form. It's like watching an abortion that didn't die. Peace.

Dont confuse the french politicians/newspapers with the real people,any country that tears up the pavement to stone the politicians is OK by me.I was only apologising to y`all in case my sense of humour(humor) was interpreted as too rude, end.

where did you get called out? i am afraid i missed that part.

I consider an untruth to be rude. Can't really be offended if you say waters wet.

I apologise for any mis-interpretation by the colonies, its our sense of humour
    Aren't they the colonies anymore
    Come on, even if you said that, that is British humor and we understand it, no problem.

For example that is more rude what this 'friendly guy' tells me on Bimmerboard

"shogun" - did you design the circuit you are selling?
    Did you make it to work like new BMW's? Do you just work for the company? I bet a lot of people here would rather buy from an American company than from a name/faceless Jap company.
    Just FYI...
    In his first post on that board he is offering something and answers that to me, I am a moderator there with >6.000 postings and well known there.
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/432033

But what shall I do?
    I just take a deep breath to calm down, I leave it unanswered and maybe someone else from that board gives him the right comment.
    He does not understand that we are a community with one interest, our cars and helping each other with that, and it does not matter from where we are, what color our skin has and which religion we have.

I like these words from the wellcome to newbies:

Try to avoid the inflammatory issues. We love to joke here, but off hand comments made in fun about politics, guns, and other divisive topics can spark a back lash that take many a newbie by surprise. Old timers do it, but it is a dangerous activity for a newbie.

Develop a thick skin and don’t take things personally. We try to be really nice to newbies, but in a community this size, there is always someone having a bad day. If there is a factual error in a post, it is likely that a member will correct it so that the error is not perpetuated as truth. Don’t take it personally when it is your error being corrected.
    unquote

Aaah, didn't bother me...I just figured you were the typical pompous, arrogant, obnoxious, inbred Euro trash that has showed up here before...Ala UKM5….or that F'n frog that live in a mid evil dump and was doing triple digits down a country road… I’m used to it and I have a sense of humor.

I get more pissed at the douche bags that buy an E34 and destroy it, or figures he needs to replace everything that He’s heard that can go wrong…but it didn’t yet.

Cheers ...come to Hawaii and we'll have a few pints

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

no problems over here actually I'm not really sure that there was a problem
    -Mike

I'm used to you brits being slightly odd...

what with the BBC programming, house of lords and commons, wig wearing barristers, PM and king... C'mon we all know English = bipolar.

Seriously though, after being in Argentina for so many years, watching Mr Bean, Monty Pythin, and 'Are you being Served," and owning MGs and Triumphs, I no longer question why you raise the hood in foul weather, put your trunks in the boot, have wings and wing mirrors on your cars, or any other mad thing...
    Last edited by attack eagle; 10-28-2007 at 02:26 AM.

Damn, apologising Brits!
    Whatever next learning to queue? Oh, wait...
    Methinks someone needs to fix their sense of humour failure on this board!

Actually I've noticed recently that people in this country are starting to get dangerously impatient on the roads! The police were out the other week job-lot charging people with dangerous driving for trying to cut into queueing stationary traffic from the second lane on the motorway.

Btw Barney, you got any more parts cars on the horizon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast