GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ASC Throttle Body

Default ASC Throttle Body

Does the ASC throttle body cause restriction to the engine? Im not talking about how it works im talking about if that extra throttle body hinders performance, cuz there is an extra flap and even when its in the open position it looks restrictive. Does anyone have experience with this, can I take out the ASC from my car?

EAT Chip/K&N Panel Filter/Blaupunkt MP46/JBL 15" sub/Crimestopper Alarm/e38 basketweaves/Deutschland Plate/Clear Corners

*sounds of crickets* Wow 0 replies!! AWESOME!! Seriously does the non-asc M50 have a advantage over the ASC M50, cuz that throttle body looks restrictive.

EAT Chip/K&N Panel Filter/Blaupunkt MP46/JBL 15" sub/Crimestopper Alarm/e38 basketweaves/Deutschland Plate/Clear Corners

From what i remember, the asc throttle body does limit the acceleration on a car with traction control than on one without. This is from memory as i don't remember if I read this on this forum or one of the 3 series forums. The asc system controls and tries to maintain traction by using the brakes to control wheel speed and the asc throttle body to reduce engine power. What you can do is press and hold onto the asc button for about ten seconds. The light will initially turn on as if you disabled it and will turn off. This procedure removes only the trhottle body part of the traction conrol. This function is not permanent but will stay that way until you turn the car off and cannot be reversed until then.