GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: You guys are the best.....another question

Default You guys are the best.....another question

Thanks for all the help in regards to my new (to me) 1995 540i!

I seem to have a real head scratcher now, that I hope some of the owners with kids can help with.

I just tried to install the new booster seats that I bought for my 3 1/2 year old in my wifes new (to us) 2001 525it and found that the width was too wide and it covered up the seat belt receptical (sp).

The bigger concern is now that I have the issue with the 2001, I will need a seat with a narrower seat width and I am sure that the width on the e39 is wider than the width on my e34.

Does anyone know of any booster seats that will fit into the e34 as well as the e39?

Thanks again for all you help!! Bill

consider extention clasp fittings designed for booster seats, not sure if you can get them in the US
    1989 e34 520i se, red, mint condition (original)
    pro mechanic "all cars"

I am having the same problem, and may have a solution. Will a center belt receptacle fit where the left and right flush seat belt receptacles are located? That little bit of belt would be perfect. Car is a 2003 E39.

Quote Originally Posted by kkesler
    I am having the same problem, and may have a solution. Will a center belt receptacle fit where the left and right flush seat belt receptacles are located? That little bit of belt would be perfect. Car is a 2003 E39.
    Tried that before and they actually don't. They do make the belt extensions for the seats and makes it easier and quicker to remove them or add them later. You can tuck the extensions under the rear seat later when not in use.
    Brandon J

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J
    Tried that before and they actually don't. They do make the belt extensions for the seats and makes it easier and quicker to remove them or add them later. You can tuck the extensions under the rear seat later when not in use.
    Well, pish. So much for that. Problem with the extenders is they will stick up out of the seat and keep the booster crooked.

<edit> A quick search isn't turning up the extenders, any links?

Well there's one universal like this: http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo...-extender.html

Here is a great listing of seats (in case anyone else needed it too): http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CPS/CSSRating/Index.cfm

Yeah, I do know what you mean about the belt extending out. I guess thats why the LATCH system has been included later in 2002. With booster seats, it really is the best fit for the vehicle thats important. If you still have the receipt, then returning it and finding one that does fit better will be easier for you and safer for your 3 1/2 year old. Good luck with your safety quest.
    Brandon J

Default Recaro

Works wonderfully in the pumpkymobile.

Evenflo, all three I have work great in the e34 in outboard as well as center positions.

I have the infant carrier, infant seat ( 5) and another one( Evenflo Bolero) that does 5 point and booster seat duty.

My eldest used the first for a year, the second until he was 3 and then got a big boy seat, which he now uses in the booster configuration as he is 3' 6" and 4 years+. It worked fabulously in 5 point buckled mode and fit perfectly in the e34 TOURING...
    What age/ weight range /height for the child? my eldest was 3' and about 32 -34 lbs at age three, if yours is similar I think you will like the bolero... very convenient to use.

Last edited by attack eagle; 10-24-2007 at 06:38 PM.

If I put mine in like that it covers the belt recepticle in our E39 touring. You have to slide the booster seat (Graco Turbo is one, we have a couple of Evenflos as well, your seat looks very similar) over to the left so you can latch the belt. It's a pain and quite inconvenient, as our daughter can't do her seatbelt by herself like she can in all of our other vehicles. An extender should do the trick.