GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Full OBC, but my indicator stalk is not responding.

Default New Full OBC, but my indicator stalk is not responding.

I recently got a full OBC (upgraded from just the time,date and temp to full), install went fine, but my indicator stalk doesn't cycle through the OBC options. I read somewhere that if your car phone was unhooked, that the stalk would not operate. My car phone was removed when i got the car, so what do i need to connect in order to get the stalk active again?

look on x32... I found the obc stalk lead because the ETK wiring diagram listed it incorrectly as the phone stalk lead.
    Look on a recent post of mine about the phone switch and I'm sure I noted the wire color

okay now i found it. on my 95', it was under the rear console, close to the cigarette lighter panel. It was a 4 pin connector with only 3 wires attached. I just spliced the two outer wires together.OBC stalk works like a charm! I also have a telephone stalk on my wipers, could that be used for something besides the telephone?

TC535i Guest

little more info for the rest of us??

i used my telephone stalk to trigger phone mute on the head unit for now, and when I get bluetooth installed i will use it to trigger answering, hangup and voice dial

Problem:

Upgraded my OBC to a full one, but the indicator stalk that controls the OBC wasn't working. From reading previous post from fellow posters, i realized that if you had a car phone and it was taken out of the car, the obc stalk would not function. So, i removed the rear center console where (you should know how to do this, just a couple of screws) and when i lifted it up, i saw a bunch of wires and a connector that was red-yellow-and gray stripped and yellow-red stripped and another color that i forgot. I just took an extra piece of speaker wire i had laying around and spliced it into the outer two wires. So basically the outer two wries are connected together. I dont know how else to explain it.

Once you lift up the console you will see it. It's a tiny connector.

TC535i Guest

I have 3 or 4 connectors for my cell phone under the center console. When I jumpered one of em, the jumper got glowing red hot. When I jumpered another, it gave me an error message.

Can you describe exactly which wires you bridged? Maybe a picture or two?

Well i put my center console back on, it i wont be able to take it off until a lil later, but the wires i jumped were in a connector that had space for 4 wires, but only 3 were attached. So i jumped wire number 1 with wire number 3( since the 4th slot was empty) I think they are numbered as well. I think on the connector itself it had the words "amp" written on it.

I jumped a couple before i found the right one. The first one i jump was by the hand brake, and it gave me a check control error on the dash, this is not the right one. I then jumped a connector with only two wires attached (i think it was purple and another color that i forgot), nothing happened. The last one i jumped, i got in the back seat and found another connector at the rear of the console, 3 wires connecting to a 4slot connector. I jumped wires 1 and 3, and the obc works now. Look for that connector.

P.S. by jump i mean i just took some tiny speaker wire and plugged it into the holes on the connector. It was faster than splicing all the wrong wires. When u find the right one, then u should splice.

If you cant find the right one, i'll see if i can get you pics.

TC535i Guest

like I said, after my experience with a glowing red hot paperclip and a burn mark on my center console...

could you tell me exactly which colors you jumped?

I'd bet he jumpered the two yellow w/ reds together on that connector. yellow red seems to be the obc wire color as it is the same color underthe dash at x32 and the other connector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast