GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uneven tire wear, right rear

Default Uneven tire wear, right rear

The inside of the right rear tire is wearing unevenly. The car is aligned. I have a bedspring like noise over that wheel at times. I have replaced the sway bar endlinks both front and back, and the car is well aligned. any ideas?

Too much acceleration out of right turns with an open diff?
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

it's an lsd, and this car doesn't really "accelerate" all that fast M50 motor. But thanks for letting me imagine that fantasy for a few seconds

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    it's an lsd, and this car doesn't really "accelerate" all that fast M50 motor. But thanks for letting me imagine that fantasy for a few seconds
    Is it the lsd that helps you imagine? Lennon would be proud. Just a thought

To use the finnish expression, have you "yumped" the car lately? Either a rear spring has eaten the rubber or bust and is hitting the top pan. Bedspring noise would suggest something is catching and then releasing, a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Paull-Edwards
    To use the finnish expression, have you "yumped" the car lately? Either a rear spring has eaten the rubber or bust and is hitting the top pan. Bedspring noise would suggest something is catching and then releasing, a thought?

i have the suspicion that driving across the country / through the mountains with a full trunk of heavy camping gear ate the rear suspension, so what you are saying does sound like a likely culprit. The reason I have been thinking spring is because the noise really does sound like a bed spring that needs to be oiled. I was under the car while it was on a lift a couple times recently, and couldn't see anything obviously wrong with the spring other than the fact that it was aged...do you think a bad spring could cause the tire wear?

dogbones? mine squeak like hell (could call it bedspring-like) and look pretty effed-up...

mine LOOK ok but that doesn't mean that they are. thank you for the suggestion.

Default ditto on the dogbones

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    mine LOOK ok but that doesn't mean that they are. thank you for the suggestion.
    I replaced mine about a year ago with some cheap ones and now every time I get in the car, it squeaks. I can push down on the rear of the car and get it bouncing and it sounds like noisy bedsprings. They're not looking the best either. I'll have to replace them with good parts sometime soon. Not sure how they would affect tire were though.

2 things. First, rear shock mounts can go bad as well as bushings, rear bearings. Secondly, the noise can be the shock mount or something loose like tools in the trunk lid or lift jack.

Check the rear shock mounts and jack for noise.
    Brandon J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast