GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just bought 525i and I wanted to introduce myself

Default I just bought 525i and I wanted to introduce myself

Hi Everybody. It's great to be here !!!
    I'm Iwo

My first E34 525i was 1992 with 86.000miles, I bought that car in 2005 and sold it in December 2006 to my friend, who wrecked it around an electric pole in front of his house. At that time I got 2006 M3 convertible which due to a lot of issues of wide matter I sold it today. After searching for some time I found and bought today 1995 525i with 60.350miles It's a California car which had only one owner!!! Amazing, I still can't believe myself. It's so new, I can still smell it. The vents work with like they were never used before, everything is mint condition, all the panels have stickers, paint is perfect. Previous owner put also Bilsteins, very nice 18'.., Remus exhaust, white bulbs everywhere... It's like a dream come true. (only seats are strange, they are not like in my ex 1992 luxry type.., they are very stiff and plain, I don't think they are even leather, maybe some type of fake leather.. I don't know.[IMG][/IMG]
    I'm still planning to change a lot (transmission it's Auto.. and I prefer manual.., car is white.., I prefer black ect..
    Tomorrow I'll take more photos so I'll post it here.
    I'm so excited to be here and find such a great car. I already know I'll be talking to you Guys a lot and ask for help

Thank you
    [I][B]1995 525i 66000miles

Welcome! The car looks great, hopefully it'll keep a smile on your face for years to come. The guys here have looked after me well since i joined, they truely have fountain of knowledge - a lot of which i've picked up along the way and i can't thank them enough for all the help. I'm sure you'll find the same, so if you need anything, just ask!

1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

perhaps you have sports seats?They feel quite hard at first but a few hours later you realise...hey I am not sore I can drive another hour or two until i have to stop for gas!
    Gone but not forgotten

I'm guessin' it has vinyl seats, no wood, and no on-board-computer. Probably a Value Package car which would have come with twenty-spoke alloys rather than basketweaves. Do you have factory wood trim and an OBC?

I guess you are right.. No wood for me and no OBC... I can't have all the Worlds.. at least condition is mint
    Now I have to start saving money for Manual transmission and some M5 interior ....
    My display of info and miles also gets funky...
    More pics are coming..

Pretty much goes without saying that if you really want to change transmission, paint color, and interior, you may as well save yourself a lot of grief and money and just buy what you want and then sell what you're not happy with. Far cheaper in the long run!

looks great. nice couple of mods
    -Mike

the only problem is that is getting more and more difficult to find what we want..
    Where am I going to find 92-95 525i black with no more then 60-70K miles... from the first owner.... I thought about M5 but since I use it as daily.. it just doesn't make sense. and I think down the road it's more pleasure to get all those things done that we want..

Certainly, do what you want. Just consider the cost of doing what you want...properly, versus buying another car. If you do what you say you'll have a repainted black car with white peaking out nearly everywhere unless you strip it completely including the entire engine compartment. To do it right you will spend more money than you paid for the car in the first place. Then you've got the insurance issues (and EPA depending on where you live) that go along with a transmission swap, and real problems at resale, like never being able to trade it to a dealer. I can understand wanting a specific color and certainly wanting a manual transmission!, but if anyone I knew asked me what I thought of the idea of getting it the way you're talking about, I'd tell them they were . I'd rather have a car with original paint and twice the miles of yours (which I have) than a low-mile total repaint and color change. Maybe I'm just nutz? Can you learn to love the one you bought? Maybe with seats and door panels and dash from a Premium Package car? White wasn't my first choice either but there are some damn nice looking white E34s on this list! And they're much easier to upkeep than a black car!

That would be insane to repaint.

Swap the interior to a Premium package car. I have no clue of why BMW offered the value package car.
    Atlanta, GA/Bloomington, IN, USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast