GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anybody have Toyo's, or familiar with them??

Default Anybody have Toyo's, or familiar with them??

I was the grand prize winner at Bimmerfest and "one" of the prizes
    (the best one for me) was a free set of Toyo tires.

Here's the three choices:

1) The Proxes RA-1 (more of a racing tire)

2) The Proxes T1-S (I'm now leaning towards this one)

3) The Proxes 4 (this is the tire that the Rep. from Toyo/Bimmerfest recommended)

See at www.toyo.com

Ok, it's a '95 540iA and is driven daily by my wife, it has the E.A.T. chip,
    H&R Springs w/Bilstein Sports and 17" M-Kontour wheels.

When I'm driving it and putting the car to it's limits (or at least close) this the reason I'm "leaning" towards the Proxes T1-S, but then again, is the Proxes 4 better suited for everyday driving for my wife.
    We want a great tire that does well on drive pavement in the twisties and also does well in the rain AND IS QUIET!!
    YES, the tires on the car now do quite well (Yokahama AVS ES 100's) for handling and in the rain, BUT absolutley SUCK when it comes to being quiet!!!

Some opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Keith

TC535i Guest

Keith,

I've got a few more miles on my Proxes 4's since you saw me at Bimmerfest, and I'm still loving em. Quite decent stick (haven't broken traction yet), and looks like good mileage so far. If it were me tho, I'd get the T1-S's because they're such an awesome performance tire, and pretty expensive too. I'm not sure they're super-quiet, but I'd sacrifice it... On second thought, maybe you should just send em to me... 245/40ZR18, please!

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    Keith,

I've got a few more miles on my Proxes 4's since you saw me at Bimmerfest, and I'm still loving em. Quite decent stick (haven't broken traction yet), and looks like good mileage so far. If it were me tho, I'd get the T1-S's because they're such an awesome performance tire, and pretty expensive too. I'm not sure they're super-quiet, but I'd sacrifice it... On second thought, maybe you should just send em to me... 245/40ZR18, please!
    Your so fuuny Tim, send'em to you, nope!
    How many miles do you have on the 4's and have they been pretty quiet?
    Hell, if I would of known you had the 4's, we could of talked about them at the 'Fest.

Thanks for the reply, Keith

Default I have 2 toyo T1s 255/45/17"s barely used FS

with about 1500 miles on them. They would not fit with my new rims (a little less offset) and they have been gathering dust in my basement since last winter. If anyone is interested drop me an email. I'll let them go cheap, plus shipping from 13790. or pick up most areas around NYS as I travel a lot for my employer.

I ran through a complete set on my car, then bought a new set for the rear. 245 in front and 255 in back. They were really nice in the corners, but so wide in back that my lowered car ate up the inside edges (I could not run them on the front) before the outside was significantly worn. Rain performance was not as good as I would have liked, but they are really wide, and I do not have LSD so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Transient response was the best of any tire I've used. I do not remember noise levels, but that probably means at worst they were not that bad. Tires were mounted in the fall of 02, then quickly put away for the winter. Coumpounds may have changed since then so my experience may not be relevent to the latest generation of tire. I could not really gauge the lifespan due to the uneven wear of the rear tires.