GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting rowdy with 4" exhaust

Default Getting rowdy with 4" exhaust

I did this for 3 reasons - 1) my magnaflow was super annoying with the weird buzz it'd make. 2) The E34 bumper cut out looks stupid with a 3" pipe coming out, it's much too large. 3) I am anticipating a new turbo and so this will server as the back end of what will be a fully 4" exhaust.

Anyway, I am happy with it except for the issue of having a couple leaks at the weld on the car side - today with my impatience I MIG'd the other v-band on the car and I consequently missed a couple spots. I will have to take it out and do it again at a later date. But for now...

Fits the car much better IMHO

Oh great choice! Fits much better. I had the same feeling you did with your 3". It just looked a tad out of place. I'm a fan of the single outlet though.

Lol @ Alan's wheels.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

nice mig work!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Sorry Jeff that's TIG on the flange - I MIG'd the receiver flange on the car - not as pretty

tig is an art, i have the mig down good but dont have a tig so my practice is very limited, nice tig job then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Sorry Jeff that's TIG on the flange - I MIG'd the receiver flange on the car - not as pretty
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Looks great really fits the car. It doesn't look ricey or anything the sort
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Son
    Looks great really fits the car. It doesn't look ricey or anything the sort
    I am just trying to get that bad ass look - and the sound to back it up - it's honestly a bit ridiculous. I will get a sound clip once I sort he small exhaust leak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I am just trying to get that bad ass look - and the sound to back it up - it's honestly a bit ridiculous. I will get a sound clip once I sort he small exhaust leak out.
    Ridiculous is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Ilike my cars to make as little sense as possible. A pretty stock lookin 5er with over 500 HP? sounds right to me
    -Mike

Looks like you need a chrome tip to finish it off... but don't know if that exist... maybe you can modify those stupid buzzer tips to slip over your pipe and mig it to finish out the look.

I would probably cut it at an angle to resemble the stock twin pipes. It would also flow with the shape of the bumper. Excuse the quickie photoshop...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast