GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to handle a mechanic? [URGENT]

Default Best way to handle a mechanic? [URGENT]

Ok so I'm sure you guys have read my earlier threads...

This guy and Kirt are kinda working together on this...

I gave my guy the car again Friday, he said he was going to replace the speed sensor and I said ok. Called him at 8:30 this morning, asst. said he would call me back. I called again at 11:30, nothing. Was told then that hes been super buys (as always) and that he has to leave town on Wednesday. And that he'll try to have him call me this afternoon. So I'm really getting pissed. I allready paid $2000 a year ago for the re-build, and $200 about 2 weeks ago to diag. the problem, thats STILL happening. The car will not shift out of 1st till HIGH RPM's in ANY auto mode. In full manual, it will shift between 1-3 and the R. So I call aroudn 3 and the guy who picks up (one of the guys there) says he trin to figure out the car but its annoying because I keep calling. Well I almost blow up, saying last time he had the car for 2 weeks, never fixed the problem and now hes leaving town. You better belive I'ma call him consideirng he NEVER calls back. NEVER. I mean WTF. So I have 30 more mins till his shop closes. I can't make a visit cus work. So when I call him @ 5 (because I KNOW he won't call) what should I say?

Thanks

TC535i Guest

I'd tell him that this problem is still not resolved, and he's had plenty of time. If you don't have your car back in (reasonable time period), you're going to have to approach the BBB as well as file in small claims court. You're out $2,200 and all this time, and still don't have a running car.

BTW, how bad was it when it went in for the 1st time vs now? (was it shifting at all when you brought it in, was it doing what it's doing now? worse? not as bad? etc), might lend some credibility to your frustration

Well wen he rebuilt it everything went fine. Took a little while, and grant he is busy...he has a police contract too witht he LASD. I can't jump rank hes a brother in the family owned buisness. He never made the car worse, just hasent fixed it. I'd love to get all pissed and start yelling, but if i start throwing threats, then I have a feeling he'll just do a straight shitty job or do nothing. And has the BBB ever really done anything?

TC535i Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
    Well wen he rebuilt it everything went fine. Took a little while, and grant he is busy...he has a police contract too witht he LASD. I can't jump rank hes a brother in the family owned buisness. He never made the car worse, just hasent fixed it. I'd love to get all pissed and start yelling, but if i start throwing threats, then I have a feeling he'll just do a straight shitty job or do nothing. And has the BBB ever really done anything?
    BBB report will help your small claims case... and that's where you're gonna get action. You tell them you gave these jokers $2200 and are at the same place as day 1, except poorer and missing the car all the days it was in the shop.

They've had plenty of time to repair your car, since they couldn't, they owe you your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
    You are somewhat right! You may piss him off more and may call your bluff unless you are willing to take it down all the way (meaning, file a report with BBB and go to small claim court). Make sure you get your car back once.
    Find a new mechanic.
    File a claim with credit card company afterwards if he fixes it.
    File a report
    Take him to small claims court

Good luck bud. There are a lot of *******s out there.. especially if he's not willing to return your call.. he really doesn'tneed your business... so take it elsewhere.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rufryder
    You are somewhat right! You may piss him off more and may call your bluff unless you are willing to take it down all the way (meaning, file a report with BBB and go to small claim court). Make sure you get your car back once.
    Find a new mechanic.
    File a claim with credit card company afterwards if he fixes it.
    File a report
    Take him to small claims court

Good luck bud. There are a lot of *******s out there.. especially if he's not willing to return your call.. he really doesn'tneed your business... so take it elsewhere.

good luck.
    Maybe I'm bein too much of a nice guy with all this maybe not...I just talked with the toher guy in the shop and he said the new speed sensor should be there by noon tomorrow. I'm gonna pop in the shop tomorrow in the am to really put down the pressure. I don't believe that hes not doing the work, I mean he is, but he is jsut taking too dam long considering I've allready paid and his communication sucks. I just need to get his ass on the ball and get it done. Somehow, I'm looking for thise magic words. I'm thinking my next step if he doesent have some good answers for me tomorrow morning is go to the ATRA and the BBB. Thanks guys.

just tell the other guy(if you cant tell the actual guy) that you are getting really frustrated.....and the reasons why.I sometimes cant understand why we start calling people *******s when things dont go quite right.You think he f*&^% you around on purpose?.He is prolly as much in the dark as you.And dont tell me you never have not returned a call etc etc.Keep being nice..for now.
    Gone but not forgotten

i kind of agree with paul... i try to smile more if i don't trust someone. tell him you're peeved maybe, but think how bad things could get if he has nothing better to do and decides he wants to really piss you off...

Yea thats how I feel (above 2 posts). His guy told me the new part will be there by noon tomorrow but I'ma pop in @ the AM and just make sure he knows to get SOMETHING done before he leaves town, or to transfer the car to one of the other 5 of his familys shops. Sound good? I'll check this before I go in @ the AM. Thanks guys.

These guys are in over their heads. You have a choice between cutting your loses with these guys and go somewhere qualified or pay for them to get an education.
    Their demeanor now is such that you are unlikely to have any satisfaction.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast