GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What you guys think - wrinkle black cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Son
    You know looking across that awesome head to that bright thing with all the green tubes and the blues lights (still don't know what it is) I'm thinking to myself...do you own anything that's stock?

EDIT: oh yeah forgot to ask. Would you by any chance offer up your powdercoating expertise and services?
    I do sort of have some issue with keeping things stock, honestly. Its actually weird you mention that - computer, camera, xbox, etc. hrm. Am I sick?

I would gladly offer PC service if you have some parts you'd like done. This is all powdercoated.

I did PC the UUC oil lid in wrinkle black also to whomever asked:

Dave,

the silver should definitely be prominent in the engine bay - its so reflective i think it'll stand out NICE. The head is done too. All my charge pipes are wrinkle black and my turbo/downpipe are ceramic coated wrinkle black with a silver compressor side. I was too concerned that ALL the silver would make for horrible contrast. So, this should wrap it all together very nicely!

Also, if anyone has a bosch alternator housing I would love to get my hands on it!

I think......

You should spend less time painting parts and more time going to the Dyno to see what this beast can do! When is the new engine ready?
    Zac

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I do sort of have some issue with keeping things stock, honestly. Its actually weird you mention that - computer, camera, xbox, etc. hrm. Am I sick?
    My xbox (old school version) has an upgraded hard drive, soldered/wired/hacked in wireless networking, firewire ports and runs xbox linux... and its only use is by my dad for his daily game of madden. My home network consists of FIVE wireless routers (average sized three story home) I'm building a computer for my brother just for kicks that'll end up looking a lot like yours. When I was younger I had those nitro powered remote controlled cars.. heavily souped up of course (2 whole horsepower out of a 2.5cc engine, 0-60 <4 seconds) heh. When I was 11 I took a lawnmower engine apart and "souped it up".. I even have a custom paint job on my lcd monitor. I'm always building something. Somehow it hasn't carried over to my car, probably because I don't have the money yet and can't afford to play around with my car too much seeing as I need it to drive daily. But eventually...

What did you manage do to your camera?

Flashed firmware on the camera to a modified russian firmware that enables a ton of other features, replaced capacitors in my external flash to allow for quicker flash discharge between shots...

I would gladly offer PC service if you have some parts you'd like done. This is all powdercoated.

I did PC the UUC oil lid in wrinkle black also to whomever asked:

Dave,

the silver should definitely be prominent in the engine bay - its so reflective i think it'll stand out NICE. The head is done too. All my charge pipes are wrinkle black and my turbo/downpipe are ceramic coated wrinkle black with a silver compressor side. I was too concerned that ALL the silver would make for horrible contrast. So, this should wrap it all together very nicely!
    OK, Jon, the black looks awesome. But your still have that hideous oil line running up through the manifold. Come on, man, clean it up

Quote Originally Posted by wjbell
    OK, Jon, the black looks awesome. But your still have that hideous oil line running up through the manifold. Come on, man, clean it up
    Hehe the new turbo will drape itself across the motor you won't even notice theres a motor under it

Hehe the new turbo will drape itself across the motor you won't even notice theres a motor under it
    There ya go...

...but the black wrinkle finish does look a LOT better than the gold, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by wjbell
    There ya go...

...but the black wrinkle finish does look a LOT better than the gold, IMHO.
    Yeah the gold was just a little trial I did. I now have 3 powder coated valve covers. If any non vanos guys want a cover coated in any color let me know.

Yeah the gold was just a little trial I did. I now have 3 powder coated valve covers. If any non vanos guys want a cover coated in any color let me know.
    a non vanos won't work on a 95 vanos car so..What would I do take it off ship it to you get it PC'd then get it back and put it back on?
    -Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast