GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: somebody PLS suggest a DOS runnable antivirus....

Default OT: somebody PLS suggest a DOS runnable antivirus....

not for me, i keep my stuff a week old, at most. my sister, who first had sasser, has something else apparently that is causing the computer to freeze at intervals between 5 and 30 minutes in windows. tried booting from a windows 98 bootdisc, and it froze there as well. i carry around a disc with the important bits of norton av on it, but this won't let me run it in dos unless you have the complete disc in hand, and apparently i can't make dos scan discs from the norton systemworks installed on my computer, as was the case in versions past. the disc is 270 miles away, so i can't run and get it. any suggestions appreciated.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 05-15-2004 at 08:43 PM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

You should be able to boot the machine with the CD in hand.

FProt has a free dos version at http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/dos/. We used to use FProt at work before switching to SARC.

bootsectorvirussessuck!
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 05-15-2004 at 10:18 PM. Reason: asshole
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

it seems that the computer doesn't wanna run long enough for me to run any program to get through a virus scan, might have to take it home with me and nuke it. im putting windows 98 on it right now so that she can get what she wants off of it before i take it. thanks rick.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."