GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: m30 turbo

Default m30 turbo

Has anybody seen this set up?What do you think? I did a search and couldnt find anything.Sorry I dont know how to add a link.www.millerperformancecars.com/m30turbonews.html
    Peat //90 535i 5spd

No numbers, no updates within a few months. Sometimes hard to see through the marketing BS. That said, I have the MAF conversion offered by them.

yea those guys do good work.. i have a buddy who has had work done on his ride there. and less than an hour from where i live
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Just wanted to add on, Dan was down here in Charlotte at Eurowerkz doing some tuning, so I'm sure him and Brody are great when it comes to cars, just a little hard sometimes to find out information about a company in another country on the opposite coast that doesn't have a huge website, other than calling them. A well-done website goes miles for a company.

Quote Originally Posted by clevertd
    No numbers, no updates within a few months. Sometimes hard to see through the marketing BS. That said, I have the MAF conversion offered by them.
    and...? Did you have it chipped before? Any gains thereafter?
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Miller has received much criticism and I have to agree with it. Their parts are horribly expensive. I think $7,000 was the ballpark on their M30 "kit". The recircularion setup utilizes a throttle body - very awkward. Their tuning is also whacked out - they claim they like to use staged injection because they want to maintain the factory characteristics of drivability yet need the fuel for turbo, so the manifold has seperate ports for extra injectors... where I come from we call that "piggyback" and that's quite ghetto. No reason to do that.

Staged injection on a car using 1600cc injectors for decent duty cycle under boost is one thing, since 1600cc do not idle well in bank fire scenarios, and I have seen RX7s run 1600 and 720cc staged injection to help their drivability. But on a 3.5L motor setup to make ~300 - 350hp staged injection is really an around-the-bush way of saying "well we didn't know how to.."

With the staged injectors placed so far from the intake valve, the atomization of fuel spray must be lost and is more like "drooling" down the plenum runners. They are like 10" from the intake valve and the M30 manifold has twists and turns. Not efficient IMHO.
    Last edited by Jon K; 04-04-2007 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    ... Their parts are horribly expensive. ...
    $300 - $500 for a MAF kit with chip is a very competitive price.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-535im
    $300 - $500 for a MAF kit with chip is a very competitive price.
    We are talking about their turbo kit for $7,000

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    We are talking about their turbo kit for $7,000
    Perhaps that's what you intended, but that's not how it comes across.

Bad mouthing a company is not limited to one single product, especially when you say things like "Miller has received much criticism" and that they don't know how to do things. Public, unsubstantiated castigations often denote poor character, or at least youthful arrogance.

Starting and running a successful business is a lot harder than RTV'ing some parts on your car and running it around until it breaks. Having a cast of armchair mechanics go half cocked and cast unsubstantiated criticisms does not mean the company doesn't know what they are doing. At the most it means that there might be multiple ways to do things... but to assume that the guys at Miller aren't at least as competent as a backyard mechanic is unsupportable by fact.

These guys have the balls to stand behind their engineering ideas and make a living out of it. That's a lot more challenging than being a bulletin board dude (not talking about you in particular, just people in general) with a little piece of experience to stand on, talking like you know everything there is to know.

Negative marketing, promoting rumors, all that does is make you look like a jerk and give bad info to those people who are looking for real, true information.

Just my 2 cents, of course. No personal offense intended really, just chaps my hide to have this type of thing said about guys who are out there trying to make a living. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Just don't spread nasty rumors that they "don't know what they're doing", are "horribly expensive", "ghetto", etc.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-535im
    Perhaps that's what you intended, but that's not how it comes across.

Bad mouthing a company is not limited to one single product, especially when you say things like "Miller has received much criticism" and that they don't know how to do things. Public, unsubstantiated castigations often denote poor character, or at least youthful arrogance.

Starting and running a successful business is a lot harder than RTV'ing some parts on your car and running it around until it breaks. Having a cast of armchair mechanics go half cocked and cast unsubstantiated criticisms does not mean the company doesn't know what they are doing. At the most it means that there might be multiple ways to do things... but to assume that the guys at Miller aren't at least as competent as a backyard mechanic is unsupportable by fact.

These guys have the balls to stand behind their engineering ideas and make a living out of it. That's a lot more challenging than being a bulletin board dude (not talking about you in particular, just people in general) with a little piece of experience to stand on, talking like you know everything there is to know.

Negative marketing, promoting rumors, all that does is make you look like a jerk and give bad info to those people who are looking for real, true information.

Just my 2 cents, of course. No personal offense intended really, just chaps my hide to have this type of thing said about guys who are out there trying to make a living. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Just don't spread nasty rumors that they "don't know what they're doing", are "horribly expensive", "ghetto", etc.
    Robin, I tend to agree with what you're saying, but there is evidence. Start with the falsified dyno graphs and how quickly that scandal was censored. These are the facts, accessible with a little research on other forums. Groupthink is a @#%^(! when it comes to message boards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast