GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "PARKING BRAKE ON" warning?

Default "PARKING BRAKE ON" warning?

Does this exist? As I pulled into a parking space and put my parking brake on, for a split second something along the lines of that appeared before my eyes in the check control display. I think there was a little plus next to it too.. i'm not talking about the parking brake light, I mean a separate warning. It was for a short amount of time but i'm fairly sure it contained "PARKING BRAKE". The car was in drive at the time (i put the brake on before i put the car in park), aside from that I don't think anything was unusual. I couldn't reproduce the warning and have never read about it or seen it in any manual. Am I going ?

the warning exists if i remember correctly ... sometimes it will go on even if you're going like 1mph ... maybe you weren't completely stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana19
    Does this exist? As I pulled into a parking space and put my parking brake on, for a split second something along the lines of that appeared before my eyes in the check control display. I think there was a little plus next to it too.. i'm not talking about the parking brake light, I mean a separate warning. It was for a short amount of time but i'm fairly sure it contained "PARKING BRAKE". The car was in drive at the time (i put the brake on before i put the car in park), aside from that I don't think anything was unusual. I couldn't reproduce the warning and have never read about it or seen it in any manual. Am I going ?
    it means you pulled your parking brake when your car was still moving.

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

I couldn't reproduce the warning and have never read about it or seen it in any manual. Am I going ?
    You can reproduce it. Just drive and pull for a second or 2 the brake handle

Hmm thats what I thought but when I tried it didn't come on, i wasn't trying that hard for obvious reasons though...

somewhat unrelated but my obc speed is stuck at 13.4 mph or something like that. Which speed sensor feeds to OBC, and does the check control go by that speed or the speed to the speedometer (i believe that differential one) which is clearly working?

Okay further research tells me there is just that one speed sensor.. but every thread seems to be unresolved for people whos speedometer works fine but the obc is getting the wrong info. There was some mention of a calculated signal vs. the signal going straight from the sensor. The calculated I guess has something to do with the GM?
    Last edited by nirvana19; 10-07-2007 at 08:42 PM.

What you could do, if the cluster shows indications like it is hounted, capacitors replacement
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/dash...dash_caps.html

Speed sensor sits on the back of the differential, from there it goes to the cluster chip and from there to the OBC, as far as I understand.

Happens to me more often than I'm willing to confess to. LOL!!!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I thought the speed on the OBC was average speed. If so it won't change that often if you haven't reset it in a while and do the same kind of journey every day. Have you tried resetting it and see if it adjusts?
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

normally it is, but you can unlock your obc to show actual speed, battery voltage, and a few other things

Well wadya know.. today i looked again at instantaneous speed (test 8). I must have been looking at average speed as instantaneous speed, so of course its not 0.

So, i'm an idiot, but I did notice that the instaneous speed "0.0V" is in kmh. Any way to change this to mph, or even better get it to appear in the cluser IN mph (after I turn off brake linings). My car is canadian so speedometer is only in kmh, and though its not a tricky conversion to mph it would be nice to have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast