GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: really weird problem

Default really weird problem

my car started acting really weird today.

out of the blue, i wanted to enter my car, and i was unable to unlock driver's door. central wasn't working. so i switched to passengers side and unlocked my car, but only the passenger door. i find it weird, because the interior lights didn't come on. hmm. i open driver's door and run the car. no sign of dead battery since the car starts immediately without a problem.

after the driving, i try to lock the car on my driver's side, and nothing. won't work. so i had to lock it from inside and then lock the last door - passengers. that one i was able to lock from outside.

interior lights come on only if i open one of the back doors.

my tank cover or the boot won't open.

what the hell is wrong with my car? i looked under the hood for burnt central locking fuse but it seemed just fine.

thanks anyone.

That points straight at the drivers` door actuator, and/or bad earth to one of the doors,check the earth straps on left side inner wing ahead of the fuze box,wiser men may have a more precise idea!

its interesting that the fuel cover and boot(trunk) wont open either....can you unlock the car from the trunk?Might be a short in the boot hinge wires..Dont know how come the passeners door is exempt
    Gone but not forgotten

just to lock this thread, i solved the problem, it was the "ZV MODUL", or the central locking module, located under the rear seats. after changing it, everything worked just fine.

Thanks for the report back, too often we never hear the outcome of peoples troubles.
    Do you intend to attempt repair of the old one? Many of the various modules seem to be repaired by finding a crystalized solder joint or cleaning up some relay contacts.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Thanks for the report back, too often we never hear the outcome of peoples troubles.
    Do you intend to attempt repair of the old one? Many of the various modules seem to be repaired by finding a crystalized solder joint or cleaning up some relay contacts.
    yes, i will try to repair the broken one so i have it in spare if the new one breaks, (although that would be really weird)