GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IHK3-F climate unit - 40 pics - disassembling

Default IHK3-F climate unit - 40 pics - disassembling

Might be helpful some day when you have to change the heater core.
    http://img372.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=DSCF4274.jpg
    Pics were made by a member of the German E34 Forum

Good link.....but I REALLY hope I never have to do this!
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Might be helpful some day when you have to change the heater core.
    http://img372.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=DSCF4274.jpg
    Pics were made by a member of the German E34 Forum
    Superb photos. Rather complex, but it help understand how it's build, thanks very much for that.

In my particular case i would have appreciate photos pinpointing /showing more specificaly the different flaps from the indide and outside of the box, in particular it's difficult to figure out where the "air recirculation" and "fresh air" flaps are located, how they are activated and what they look like.

That might help you, but is from E32
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/ihka/ihka.html

and this one I have
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That might help you, but is from E32
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/ihka/ihka.html

and this one I have
    Any explode view of the HVAC system helps us a lot when we try to figure out how it work, what may have break and how to repair. With this new schematic and your previous pictures / links we are better off. Thanks again !

By the way do you have a written information / text that describes how the system work ? Still don't understand what signal / information drive the opening of the fresh air flap (beside the "air recirculation button" that close it completly). In normal condition (without activation of the recirculation button) we may expect that the fresh air flap will be open in proportion to the needed input of fresh air, if so what signal drives this flap's step motor ? What's the operation logic behin that ?

In the Bentley we have electrical schematics showing the different flaps and related step motor, and it shows that those motors are driven by an electronic controler; but we don't have any explanation on the overall operation's logic (some thing like: When inside temperature sensor notice a lower cabin temp that selected temp the electronic circuit pulse the heater water valves to heat the cabin until both temperatures match...)

Bye. Claude

There is a large file of 2.09 MB on my website with 53 pages training material for service technicians which explains the whole system of the IHKA, troubleshooting etc. under

IHKA Klimaautomatik, 53 Seiten

But it is in German language. Even if you cannot understand German it will help you, as there are many graph's and data.
    That is the best I have.

Use a dictionary and translate the words which you do not understand.

Best is you download it. The server is not that fast.

There is a large file of 2.09 MB on my website with 53 pages training material for service technicians which explains the whole system of the IHKA, troubleshooting etc. under

IHKA Klimaautomatik, 53 Seiten

But it is in German language. Even if you cannot understand German it will help you, as there are many graph's and data.
    That is the best I have.

Use a dictionary and translate the words which you do not understand.

Best is you download it. The server is not that fast.
    SUPER ! putting some key German words of this file into Altavista Babelfish as translator we are able to reach a step further in our knowledge of the architecture and operation of our HVAC system. Thanks.

Here are a lot of pics on Gunnar's page in Germany. 4.2 MB instructions to modify from IHKR/3F to IHKA with AUC.
    IHKR/3F is with aircon , IHKA is fully automatic climate control.
    All single parts are shown, the different control panels, even disassembled and so on.
    72 pages
    http://www.gunnar525.de/screwings/ihkr-ihka_umbau.pdf
    adding the AUC function 1099 kB
    http://www.gunnar525.de/screwings/auc_einbau.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    erick (sp?), i know that this is a threadjack, but was wondering if it would be at all for you could find something for me. within the last 2 years, you posted a link with the instructions for changing the radiator mounted expansion tank on m50 and m20 motors. i've tried searching this site, as well as your own site, and can't find it. if you don't remember what i speak of off of the top of your head, that's ok too.
    Ryan,

Assuming the rad is out of the car, its pretty simple. If I recall correctly, the sucker is crimped on via aluminum tabs and a few screws. Its pretty obvious once the rad is out. But, if the aluminum tabs are anything like those on a DME, just hope they haven't been bent already.

If you take a look at it, you'll figure it out.

FWIW,

Dave

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

i harnessed the power of the internets and found another version located on this board, here

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...nt+tank+o-ring

thanks dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    Ryan,

Assuming the rad is out of the car, its pretty simple. If I recall correctly, the sucker is crimped on via aluminum tabs and a few screws. Its pretty obvious once the rad is out. But, if the aluminum tabs are anything like those on a DME, just hope they haven't been bent already.

If you take a look at it, you'll figure it out.

FWIW,

Dave
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast